Memac Ogilvy is about Making Brands Matter.
We're one of the leading creative networks in MENA with its flagship office in the UAE and a strong local footprint in the GCC and North Africa. It is part of the formidable worldwide Ogilvy network and wider WPP network. It's the only truly integrated comms network - with beyond Brand & Advertising, a deep PR & Influence, Social Media Performance and Customer Engagement & Digital capability.
We are currently looking to hire a Arabic Copywriter to join our agency.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- To have an HND, Foundation degree or degree in advertising, design or related subjects.
- To have an established portfolio of recent Arabic copy work.
- Essential to have previously knowledge of the industry and an understanding of the creative process in advertisement.
- The ability to think creatively and communicate ideas through the written form (ie: scripts and copy).
- This individual must have an opinion on directors and typography. It is also essential for them to have an eye for colour and mood etc
- Experience of checking all content being advertised is truthful and complies with codes of advertising practice.
- To have won Creative Awards.
- Actively seeks out new ideas, techniques and styles generally (ie art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc).
- Is influential and can inspire the Creative Department.
- Seeks out to understand why loyal customers buy certain products.
- Acts in the best interest of the brand and Ogilvy at all times.
- Researching competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies
- Is highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services.
- Can communicate ideas or moods through advertising.
- Has excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages.
- Technical excellence in creating original concepts.
- Has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy. Has a strong eye for detail.
- Has an understanding of the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Strong listening and interpretation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Can work within strict budgets.
- Is able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback.
- Works well within a pair and also cross departments.
- Is highly self-motivated and well organised.