In partnership with the Chief Digital Officer, the Digital and Social Strategy Director will be responsible for developing highly performant digital and social commerce strategies which drive business growth for clients, and in turn, the agency. They will help lead our digital and social teams, developing new products and practices, leveraging our proprietary platforms and products to facilitate a wider adoption of these capabilities across existing and new client opportunities.
In partnership with senior leadership, strategy and capability leads, you will work closely with client teams to develop digital and social commerce strategies which connect commerce touchpoints. You will have an intrinsic understanding of omni-channel retailer ecosystems, social platforms (and the commerce opportunities they offer brands) as well as other digital touchpoints that can be used to drive growth across non-owned, marketplace and direct-to-consumer channels. Leveraging unique data and insights, you will use this understanding to develop laser-focused, joined up strategies that deliver connected brand and consumer experiences that deliver business growth and improved brand equity.
In this role, you will be expected to:
It would be great if you
- Be the lead architect in digital and social commerce strategies driven by our clients' business marketing goals and growth objectives
- Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective digital marketing and tactical commerce strategy
- Have a deep understanding of paid and organic search/media, influencer commerce, social shops and social CRM, and how it can be tailored to deliver ROI and positive commercial outcomes for our clients.
- Play a key role to strengthen and expand our digital and social commerce business with current clients and help build digital relationships with new clients
- Partner with teams to perform competitor analysis and develop a strong PoV for competitor advantage for our clients' brands, driven by unique insights and data
- Perform research, analyse data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results and provide recommendations for budgetary and ROI adjustments
- Oversee and ensure that ongoing account maintenance/optimisation activities are consistent with the goals of strategies and campaigns
- Ensure that all client reporting properly communicates goals and KPIs, effectively positioning key takeaways, recommendations, and next steps
- Develop compelling case studies that will help teams and clients understand our digital and social commerce offer
- Drive adoption of standards, supporting digital and social commerce best practices and key digital metrics across our strategy, creative and client services communities.
- Develop new products and services in the digital and social space, which we can export across the agency, our global network and across WPP
- Train, mentor, and onboard new staff
- Had commerce experience across the major social platforms e.g. Facebook/Instagram, TikTok and Snap
In return, you will have the opportunity to progress your planning career in a supportive agency environment, surrounded by some very talented and inspiring people.
This role would suit a Planner with proven experience working BTL with established retailers and brands within a creative agency environment. You will be a confident communicator and engaging presenter who is able to deliver meaningful information in a creative way. In addition, you will:
What's in it for You?
- Have Strategic Agility - develops well-informed advice and strategies sensitive to the various needs of the client
- Be a Relationship Builder - shares critical information across the team; works collaboratively and effectively cross functional lines; seeks opinions and when appropriate facilitates discussion to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Be Commercially Savvy - creates opportunities to develop/promote new revenue streams. Is cognisant of the needs of their clients in the provision of a cost-effective service but, at the same time, maintains an awareness of the key variables associated with the cost effectiveness of our own capabilities.
- Have Courageous Thinking - is imaginative and innovative in approach, demonstrating a broad perspective. Challenges assumptions and demonstrates a capacity to think laterally. Doesn't accept the status quo, is prepared to facilitate problem solving even though accountability may rest with others, seeks opportunities to innovate and improve; anticipates obstacles and develops contingency plans.
- Be a Leader and Enabler - initiates actions and convinces others of their soundness and value, balancing the skills of advising, promoting, organising and controlling appropriately. Manages by example and inspires commitment and enthusiasm within the team and externally.
Aside from the usual holiday and pension allowances, you will have access to a whole host of other benefits and activities such as:
- LifeWorks our lifestyle benefits and employee assistance platform aimed at helping you feel supported mentally, financially, physically and emotionally (and you can get access to discounts with the likes of Topshop, Lululemon, Starbucks, iTunes, Nespresso, John Lewis and asos).
- Our annual Well-being Programme filled with different activities and resources helping you to feel happy, healthy and supported in and out of the workplace.
- [email protected] a mobile app that will give you and your immediate family access to a Virtual GP, Second Medical Opinions, Physiotherapy and Mental Health Support, all free of charge.
- Annual Flu Jabs
- Summer Fridays giving you flexibility to enjoy long weekends during those summer months.
- Geometreats to recognise someone or a team that has gone the extra mile.
- Reduced Gym Memberships to a variety of gyms across London.
- Cycle to Work Scheme saving you between 20-40% on a new bike.
- Eye Care and Glasses Vouchers.
- As an employee of WPP group you will have access to a number of WPP Discounts.
You will also have a clear long-term career development plan through our quarterly '
' and access to our
learning and development activities
such as our Mentor Programme, Power Hours, Inspirational Speakers and online learning platforms.
You can also enter our quarterly '
Pitch Your Passion
' competition for a chance to win up to £1,000. 'Pitch Your Passion' is a way for us to celebrate and support the wonderful talents, interests, entrepreneurship and creativity across our diverse workforce.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equality and Diversity
We are committed to ensuring our workplaces are inclusive, diverse and anti-racist. We believe that creativity powers business growth and this only happens by having diversity of talent in the room and reflecting society in the experiences we create. We value the diversity of our colleagues, our clients and the third parties with whom we work.
is an active demonstration of what our people are passionate about, championing for greater ethnic and cultural diversity in all that we do. If you choose to join the team, you will be connected to people who are passionate about driving a culture of inclusion through celebration, events and education and in turn power a culture of belonging.