|State||New South Wales|
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Wavemaker, Mediacom, Mindshare, Essence and MSix.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP's media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders, and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
GroupM, the media investment group of WPP, on the 27th Sep announced the launch of Finecast, a company delivering digital-like precision and accountability to advertising on the most powerful advertising and branding medium - television.
As TV audiences fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. GroupM is launching Finecast to solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. It helps advertisers address hard-to-reach TV viewers through a single access point with standardised measurement. All Finecast campaigns are inherently viewable, running on TV screens within high-quality, brand-safe content with no ad blocking.
Each Finecast campaign is custom built around the advertiser's audience target or response objective for TV campaigns and provides a more targeted and faster path to market than traditional linear TV advertising. Finecast is already seeing demand for campaigns from both large brand advertisers and response oriented marketers looking to leverage TV to drive sales more tactically.
Every TV market is different across a variety of factors: pay-TV penetration vs free-to-air; broadband speeds; adoption of IPTV, regulation, and compliance; local vs licensed content, and a myriad of different measurement concerns. We work across broadcast, distribution, and demand, so our technology platforms must efficiently interoperate. We align with our partners on the best in class solutions for ad serving, ad decisioning, creative versioning, analytics, and data management.
As Finecast expands, those solutions may vary by market and by platform (e.g. we would typically work with different platforms for STB linear DAI to IP enabled OTT). Currently, Finecast are working closely with Videology, Invidi and Cadent as preferred technology providers.
About the Client Services team
The world of TV is undergoing a paradigm-shift as traditional, linear TV shifts into the new world of TV powered by technology advances. Content proliferation and ubiquitous data. In parallel with this shift, the Engagement team is primarily tasked with being the very best sales consultants with a key focus of educating and inspiring both agencies and brands to plan and buy TV differently.
The Client Services team's primary responsibility is always to deliver exceptional client services. This includes working closely with GroupM and non-GroupM agencies to understand their needs, providing timely responses to any requests and ensuring that all areas of campaign management run smoothly.
Joining a small and very nimble team, a successful candidate will receive unparalleled exposure to the addressable TV ecosystem in Australia and work with the best and brightest across technology vendors, broadcasters and agencies. There will also be cross opportunities to support product development and defining the future of addressable TV in Australia
The Role Objective
The role of the Client Success Manager is dual function, designed to support the success and growth of client accounts as well as achieve the operational success of client campaigns. As the gatekeeper between Finecast and its clients, the Client Success Manager's duties are to delight the client with exceptional results, providing full service, working with the strategy team from brief stage through to activation and providing post campaign reporting and analysis to a designated patch of clients.
The successful candidate will enjoy a large degree of independence and is expected to execute proactively against assigned projects. As such Finecast are looking for a well tenured candidate for this role with experience in Account Management, Campaign Planning and Campaign Delivery, ideally with a strong background in AV.
The day to day responsibilities of the Client Success Manager will vary, however they are expected to focus on the following areas of activity
Design and Execute Brilliant Addressable TV Campaigns
• Interrogate the brief, build out targeting, pricing and media plans, rationales and respond to agencies, ensuring key client SLAs are being achieved in a timely manner
• Proactively manage campaign launch activities, responsible for client campaigns going live and which requires top-class attention to detail, confidence, and organisation to ensure that all internal and external teams provide what is needed to get the campaign live
• The Client Services team, along with the Operations team have ultimate responsibility for campaign delivery and pacing. The Client Success Manager will be responsible for monitoring campaign performance and ensuring that action is taken in the event of underperformance/pacing
• The Client Success Manager gathers all mid and final performance statistics and delivers this back to the client. This reporting needs to be insightful, and proactively look at ways to deliver roll-out success. The Account Manager is also charged with billing and reconciliation
• Continually review the measures of success for each campaign you propose, analyse the data you have available to you and provide consistent communications into the agency that glean learnings and support your campaign recommendation
Ownership of Key Activities that support Finecasts Revenue Growth
• Work with your agency teams and relevant internal teams to provide insights and opportunities to up-sell, cross-sell and secure re-bookings
• Retain and grow business based on excellent campaign delivery and results
• Develop and manage business plan and key initiatives to grow average campaign sizes for clients
• Educate and inspire clients regarding Addressable TV propositions and products
• Understand client's marketing objectives to create relevant proposals for clients
• Keep agencies updated on changes with both products and the addressable tv market
• Understand and co-ordinate agency feedback regularly
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure that Finecast products are adopted across all relevant clients
Build and Foster Agency Relationships
• Work with a diverse range of clients, building relationships with key personnel to understand their needs
• Foster good working relationships with agency teams and manage their expectations ensuring Finecast SLAs are being adopted and adhered to
• Attend Agency WIPs and QBRs with Engagement/Strategy team
• Operate as a knowledge leader in the Addressable TV space and can explain complex business model, tools, and concepts simply
• Help build and then maintain strong collateral pieces relevant to the group, agencies, and clients by liaising with product team members to understand proposition, product features and KPIs.
• Develop points of view to give guidance on core topics like audience, inventory, data sources, frequency management and measurement
Skills and Behaviours
• Understanding of the AV space, including experience of strategic decision-making regarding campaign planning with senior agency planners and independent clients
• Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set
• Agency or account management experience
• Articulate & strong communicator and capable of building relationships with clients
• Personable person with capacity to communicate clearly and be assertive with internal and external parties
• Project Management, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Attention to detail with regards media booking, finance and campaign delivery
• Resilient and energetic
• Strong sense of initiative and personal ownership
• Dedicated to attaining team and personal goals
• Focussed but able to maintain perspective
• With a positive 'can do' attitude, enforce and inspire high-standards of behaviour and professionalism across the team; e.g. written and verbal communication and time-keeping
• Sound knowledge and experience of the Australian advertising market. Advertising experience required, TV and Video experience strongly preferred
• 3 - 5 years account management experience
• Proven track record in establishing high levels of client satisfaction
• Ability to develop and maintain long standing and valuable relationships with agencies / clients
• Strong understanding of AV media market, dynamics and competition