Position at GroupM North America
This is more than a Recruiting Operations or Talent Acquisition Operations and Analytics role, it's more of a Customer Success role. If people, data and process is your thing, jump on board and help us create the best people experiences in the universe
from first look to first day.
GroupM has a centralized recruiting function operating as a center of value (COV) in most parts of the world. This team delivers hiring velocity, accountability and, amplifies agency employer brand(s). In the last 12 months alone, this team has recruited more than 5,000 amazing people.
As the advertising landscape gets more complicated, and how people purchase goods has changed forever, GroupM help our clients around the world cut through the noise and get to growth faster.
This role is all about delivering on our "fulfilled people" promise and advancing the sophistication and maturity of our talent acquisition model [people-process-clients-tech], impacting 80 countries and our 37,000+ population.
This role reports into the Global Head of Talent Acquisition at GroupM, who is based in New York, but can be based in the United States or Europe.
As our Group Director, Global Customer Success (TA), you will:
- Establish benchmarks for customer success
- Operationalize and prioritize ideas which drive transformative change
- Foster strong working relationships with our Regional Talent Acquisition Leaders in EMEA, APAC, LATAM and North America
- Harmonize people-process and tech structures
- Advance our existing sourcing and offshore/nearshore approach
- Own vendor relationships globally (ATS/CRM, Linkedin)
- Champion best practices in data integrity and compliance
- Monitor OPEX and CAPEX, including staff and technology expenditure. Co-own decision making on the P&L
- Measure what matters. Advance existing performance monitoring mechanics. Learn to use PowerBI to chart recruiting performance around the world.
- Develop, and co-present quarterly business reviews to the global CEOs, CFO's, CCO's in our top-8 affiliated companies
- Advance our partnership with WPP by finding ways to deliver value
- Manage through influence - not authority. This is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports (at first)
This is a key role in our Global Talent Acquisition function, delivering operational rigor and advancing our beliefs in accountability, content, competition, community and velocity.
You will be the connective tissue, and change catalyst, bringing together 3 historically independent regions around the world.
- Go on a listening tour. In particular, understand the agendas and pain points of the regional TA leaders. In addition, spend time understanding the timelines and goals of the global people teams (for example People Experience, People Relations, People Operations) as well as Global Agency Chief People Officers.
- Craft summary problem statements based on what you find, create a 'plan-on-a-page' with loosely prioritized goals.
- In conjunction with our vendors, audit existing tech capabilities
- Audit existing recruiting performance analytics capabilities
- Draw an organization chart for Talent Acquisition globally. Document and track CAPEX / OPEX outlay
- Master PowerBI, Sharepoint (Communication Sites)
- Make friends in Finance, IT
- Make friends inside WPP's global talent team
- Prioritize actions based on the problem statements to advance the whole recruiting product (people-process-tech). Refine plan-on-a-page to MSProject
- Partner with the EMEA and LATAM Chief People Officer to define a roadmap for success in those regions
- Author and present QBRs to top 8 global ExCo's, adding real-time dashboards
- Monitor CAPEX / OPEX
- Partner with WPP on x-agency mobility and tech initiatives
- Deliver on quick wins on TA unification, present strategy for globally aligned TAAS (Talent Acquisition as a Service)
- In partnership with regional TA leaders, Budget for 2022/23
It's not only about what you can do and have done. This role is also about what you can be and become.
However, we will need:
- 10 years or more of proven working experience in a large, complex businesses, operating across multiple regions (EMEA, APAC, LATAM, NA) in a Talent Acquisition Leadership role. Global RPO background is most welcome.
- Experience gathering, synthesizing, and presenting dashboards for C-suite consumption.
- Experience in at least 1 global multi-ATS/CRM integration
- Experience in harmonizing hiring processes across countries and regions
- Experience in capacity planning, talent supply chain
- Advanced analytics skills (Excel, PowerBI)
- Management experience role in a company of scale (ideally 10K+ employees)
- Proven experience as a senior, influential individual contributor
- Astonishing organizational skills, including project management chops
- Strong situational awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Massive patience and flexibility, but able to drive momentum
- Multiple languages a major plus (example Mandarin or Spanish)
Figure out your personality type to help assess your behaviors against this role using the survey link here .
GroupM is the world's leading media investment company responsible for more than $60B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and Essence as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM's portfolio includes Data & Technology (Choreograph), Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people.
GroupM North America