Ogilvy is a world-famous brand with an incredible heritage of creative and strategic excellence. Now we have arrived at a critical moment with the appointment of Andy Main as our new Global CEO, someone who firmly believes in Ogilvy's ability to use creativity to grow and transform not only brands but entire businesses. Our ambition is bold and unambiguous: Ogilvy will become the best growth platform on the planet.
In our business, the People function is critical to achieving that ambition. We are looking for an experienced human resource business partner to join our Chicago office and help shape our future.
You will act as the champion to over 200 employees in Ogilvy's Chicago office. You will help implement a 'people first' strategy to make Ogilvy the employer of choice in the industry and the best place for creatively driven people to grow their careers. You will be a part of the Chicago Executive leadership team and work with them and other HR leaders to modernize and elevate the Ogilvy employee experience throughout their career journey - from Hiring, On-boarding, Performance Management, Career Succession Planning, Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion and Rewards.
- Ensuring the delivery of Ogilvy's People agenda and ambition - This agenda delivers business imperatives including; increasing employee engagement, reducing voluntary attrition, improving diversity metrics, upgrading the leadership development and succession planning process, deployment of consistent career management processes, and helping role out Resource and Change Management.
- Leading the Chicago People Team - Leading the local HR team, including 1-2 HR managers and recruiters that support the Chicago workforce.
- Collaborative Business Partner - Building collaborative and trusting partnerships with the Chicago Executive leadership team, craft and client leaders to ensure they have the talent strategy to meet their growth KPI's.
- Ethics Enforcement - Mitigating potential people and business risks as they arise, such as grievances and disciplinary actions, so that as little as possible stands between the employees and our clients. Ensure policies, practices and procedures are administered fairly and consistently and applicable to local, state and federal laws.
- Daily HR Management - Leading all daily HR operations to support the 200+ employees within Ogilvy Chicago, providing day-to-day talent management (coaching, counseling, career development conversations, HR policy management/disciplinary actions). Provide onboarding, orientation, and off-boarding for employees. Help to lead restructures, workforce planning and succession planning in partnership with local leadership team and craft and client leaders.
- HR Alliances & Partnership: Partner with other HR Business partners across Ogilvy USA and global network, as well as L&D, D&I, compensation, benefits and compensation to assure a superior employee experience. Roll out national and local training and development and inclusion programs that drive employee productivity, engagement, and retention.
- Recruiting team partnership - Prioritize and help present of external talent needs. Assist with hiring process and procedures including relocation allocations, immigration processes and visa applications.
- Annual performance review management - Assist with the calibration process. Provide guidance and advice to managers in salary review and promotion in ways that drive individual and team performance. Conduct annual Talent Reviews.
- Championing Ogilvy Culture - As an office leader, you will add value and change the way we work/think/act. You will foster a spirit of innovation and ideas over egos. And ensure respect and inclusion within the HR team and the agency at large