Position at VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
VMLY&R is looking for an experienced Program Manager who can quickly understand our client's needs and objectives with the ability to effectively manage variety sized teams in their effort to deliver services. The program manager is expected to deploy and manage against defined processes throughout a client engagement.
This individual is also responsible for building, coaching and leading teams against said process to ensure successful deliveries. VMLY&R needs individuals who are proactive problem solvers that can manage team dynamics, manage project financial performance, clearly communicate status, and drive progression towards dates.
Business & Technical Analysis
- May act as a client proxy for agile teams; may also coach and support Product Owner(s)
- Manage multiple activities/projects under one or more clients
- Support/provide strategic direction related to processes and resolution paths
- Support agile teams to groom and refine user stories and acceptance criteria to meet the agile team's definition of ready.
- Provide well researched POV documents on a variety of solutions related to project work
- Analyze processes continuously for refinement; execute measures for optimization
Leadership & Team Management
- Continuously monitor project health via resourcing, profitability and burn rates.
- Works with clients to define KPI's and meaningful metrics to report project health
- Works closely with Client Engagement and delivery teams to architect solutions that best meet client requirements
- Support creation of RFP responses with other teams within VMLY&R and new business engagement.
- Create/draft contracts and scopes of work.
- Manages internal teams and client relationships in alignment with Client Engagement team
- Maintain direct client relationships with Product Owners and client management leadership
- Responsible for interviewing and making recommendations to hire analysts at the Manager and Senior Manager levels
- Coach, mentor and manage a Delivery team in the creation of business analysis tools/techniques and business requirements (i.e. user story mapping, process maps, rules matrices, mockups, textual requirements, user stories etc.)
- Serve as a key point of contact and liaison for cross-divisional teams, agency peers and management
- Support scoping and estimation exercises with Client Engagement teams
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- College degree or equivalent Project Management and/or Business Systems Analyst experience
- 7+ years of analyst, project management, technical, and/or business experience
- Master of agile software development methodologies, amongst other methodologies
- Experience in running or working with agile teams (preferably Scrum)
- Understanding of business requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Ability to provide proactive and assertive leadership in problem solving, managing financial success of projects, maintaining timelines, and reducing waste
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to resolve conflict with productive outcomes
- Ability to effectively work across departments with diplomacy and a firm understanding of other's roles and perspectives
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams (projects) effectively and efficiently.
- Extensive team management skills for teams of 5+.
- Ability to view problems in context at the system level and align solutions with the strategic direction of our clients and company
- Experience with multiple application lifecycle management solutions
- Proactive, adaptable, and flexible
- Life-long learner, demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to operate under tight deadline with complex business/technical solutions
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, computer information systems, marketing, or equivalent experience
- Certification for or extensive experience of JIRA and Confluence
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.