Position at VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
VMLY&R seeks a Director Content Systems to design and execute enterprise-level content strategy to develop stories and merchandise them in innovative and purposeful ways. This individual will work with creative, social, and digital strategies while collaborating with multiple departments to mine stories, develop themes and amplify the brand voice. They will lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to enhance the company's profile, build stakeholder engagement, and influence customer and consumer behavior.
- Lead multiple clients' enterprise content strategy: develop, curate, and help prioritize the editorial calendar by creating internal and external initiatives, campaigns, events that connect divisions and functions
- Identify the best way to tell our stories through online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person
- Direct internal and external communications programs to ensure alignment and maximum impact, engagement and visibility
- Lead executive thought leadership strategy
- Work closely with clients on issues management and crisis communications
- Collaborate with writers and creatives or other colleagues on layered programs
- Develop standards, processes and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Be a positive, trusted client partner, brand ambassador and connector across the organization
- Lead, develop and manage direct reports
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Client relationship management
- Strong content strategy skills and an eye for compelling digital content storytelling
- A reporter's mindset and marketer's gift for a clever tagline
- Understands the message, the messenger and the vehicle all matter and knowing how to reach our different audiences
- Finds creative ways to get things done effectively and collaboratively
- Continuous learner of technology, promoting it, using it and finding new tools to make us more effective
- Innovation and finding new ways of doing things
- Ability to distill complex ideas into simple, intellectually credible narratives
- Strong writing skills, creativity, and passion for the nuts and bolts of tech
- An ability to identify and tailor different stories and vehicles to different audiences
- Ability to develop relationships, plan, and execute autonomously
- Ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals and keeping stakeholders engaged
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related communications field
- At least 10 years working in a content strategist role & at least 5 of those years in a leadership role (publishing, journalism, etc.)
- Issues management / crisis communications experience
- Complex organizational experience
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.