Position at MediaCom
The Strategy Director will play a critical role in establishing MediaCom as our Client's strategic marketing partner. You will accomplish this by elevating and inspiring the quality of our strategic output and helping the Client to deliver deeper consumer/customer connections. You will ensure value creation to communications/media plans and drive business results and growth.
The role requires an ability to look at the bigger picture, in order to clearly and concisely articulate the opportunity it holds for our client's business. It requires a focused understanding of the client's business, the industry landscape and regional/local nuances across the globe. With this knowledge, the Associate Strategy Director is key to developing a unique communications plan and way forward for the brand. They should be able to build strong relationships and infuse their knowledge into many stakeholders, clients and teams, spanning a number of locations and levels of seniority.
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Work in partnership with all senior MediaCom leads on the Client business to develop communications solutions that deliver Client business goals
- Responsible for the strategic foundation for all Client plans. Understand and execute strategic contributions throughout the MediaCom process from insights to strategy, strategy briefing to planning, plans to activations, activations to measurement, measurement to performance assessments, and assessments to action plans
- Mine insights to develop target definition, consumer journey, brand purpose work
- Build on the Consumer Journey to craft strategically sound content strategies and related measurement plans
- Establish solid, credible relationships with key Client and MediaCom stakeholders
- Using personal experience as well as global best practices, cases and learning, define a strategic standard for success/excellence for Client business. Align with Client lead to develop a learning plan to cascade and train all key Client-side functional leaders, team directors, and staff
- Lead Integrated Agency Team (IAT) initiatives, curate inspiring think shops with cross function brand marketing team
- Fluency and agility to quickly develop communications strategies that provide clear and actionable objectives and channel roles/deliverables
- Lead, manage, and inspire strategy staff
- Monitor and ensure the integration of strategy throughout the delivery process; demonstrate the ability to take action (or engage with others to do so) to modify/course-correct as needed to ensure the integrity of the plan and deliverables
- Ability, desire, and proven ability to lead teams. Willingness to work with and teach others within the strategy group and beyond, across all client accounts he/she touches
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Culturally agile and able to work with diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
- Ability to influence and build consensus across levels, agencies and borders.
- Able to constructively share feedback - both the good and the tough.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Mentor and ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Able to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships interdepartmentally
- Target top talent; help to recruit and select staff
- Proven track record of business/marketing expertise and inspiring teams to develop actionable plans that drive results
- A natural storyteller-a highly articulate and persuasive writer and speaker
- Ability to simplify/synthesize complex data from a variety of sources and then communicate solutions in a simple, fresh perspective that clearly outlines the roles and deliverables of channels
- Fully versed on the strategic roles of interactive/digital as well as familiar with predicted evolutions
- Skilled familiarity with various research techniques and sources (qualitative consumer research, various forms of quantitative research methodologies)
- The ability to work quickly and well under pressure, often multitasking on a variety of projects
- A self-starter; works closely with manager but proactively looks for solutions
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a constructive way
- Natural facilitator; helps integrated agency teams cross-pollinate shared solutions
- Ability to craft insightful, inspiring briefs
- Maturity, confidence and perspective to manage quick/unexpected transitions or conflicts to successful resolution
- 9+ years previous senior level marketing experience; at least 5+ solid experience working in a strategic capacity with heavy channel/media integration and interaction
- Previous work experience in strategic role in marketing/communication fields to ensure a more holistic application of strategy (e.g. not just in media planning)
- Solid knowledge and experience in applying strategy to channel marketing
- Experience managing at least one other strategist preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the
work we can create together