Position at Hill+Knowlton Strategies
• Drafts, reviews, and negotiates a variety of complex commercial contracts, including, but not limited to: global MSA's; subcontractor agreements; vendor agreeements, influencer/talent engagements; eCommerce agreements; SaaS; data transfer and information security agreements; and confidentiality agreements.
• Works closely with the VP Contracts & Compliance Manager to monitor the contract lifecycle, including drafts, modifications, amendments and renewals.
• Assists the business development team in their response to legal inquiries pertaining to RFP's and RFI's.
• Assists in the implementation of employee best practice policies and procedures, including: corporate and commercial law; privacy; data security; and social media guidelines.
• Operates as an H+K employee liaison to provide guidance regarding parent company (WPP) policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, functional performance standards, and program objectives.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school required.
• Member in good standing of any U.S. state bar.
• 6-9 years' experience as a licensed attorney.
• The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, well-organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills who can work collaboratively with the Legal Team, IT, Finance, Business Development Team, Human Resources, and our clients and vendors.
• Privacy law experience
• In-house counsel experience
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and interfacing with various levels of management
• Experience and knowledge in drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a variety of commercial contracts.
• International transactions and business experience is a plus.
• Professional demeanor and a team player with high degree of confidentiality is a must.
• Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight.
• Ability to multitask daily activities with ad hoc legal projects