Position at GroupM Services
Work Location: A Hybrid Work Experience
At GroupM, we believe that work is a part of life, not the other way around. To support that belief, we have recently adopted a "collaboration-led" hybrid approach to work in order to provide employees with the flexibility to do the best work of their lives no matter where they are working. This means that for roles where it makes sense, you'll spend some of your time in our incredible workspaces (when it's safe to do so) and some of your time remote. Check out this updated list of where we can hire:
- California - LA or SF
- Colorado - Denver
- Florida - Miami/Fort Lauderdale
- Georgia - Atlanta
- Illinois - Chicago
- Massachusetts - Boston
- Michigan - Detroit
- New York - New York City tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT)
- North Carolina - Raleigh/Durham
- Texas - Austin or Dallas/Fort Worth
- Utah - Salt Lake City
About the Role:
This newly created role is tasked with coordinating and developing the GroupM positioning for Commerce/Retail Media. Collaborating closely with the Commerce/eCommerce/Retail Media leads at each agency, the head of Commerce Media & Strategy will establish capabilities, platform opportunities, and best practices.
The Commerce landscape is a complex, rapidly evolving field with new adtech and retail media platform opportunities. The responsibilities of this role would be to:
- Be the US POC and build strong relationships with the platform/media/adtech partners
- Navigate and catalog the opportunities available by the partners/providers
- Stay on top of the latest offerings and communicate to all internal stakeholders
- Work with internal teams on channel and data integration
The retail/commerce channels covered in this role include, but are not limited to:
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
- Paid Media - IO, Programmatic
- Paid Media - Search
- Social Commerce
- Affiliate Marketing
- Organic/Content Strategy
A bit about yourself:
- Lead GroupM Services in search and direct media activations: Amazon, Walmart, Target, Criteo, Kroger, Instacart. Understanding gaps between traditional search and ecommerce search platforms.
- Direct strategy for key marketplace channels (especially Amazon), working with internal and external operation and content resources.
- Work directly with multiple Executive Directors to continue to grow the capabilities of our proprietary eCommerce product suite and implement a fully-fledged eCommerce Consulting capability.
- Be a catalyst for education and learning about the topic for fellow Practice Leads working in disciplines like paid search, organic search, paid social, programmatic, digital investment, and content.
- Understand the needs, capacities, operational mechanisms, and pertinent performance data metrics of major eCommerce channels.
- Provide in-depth strategic recommendations to grow revenue within the current client base, identifying cross-product opportunities, and strategize with sales on future prospects
- Collaborate closely with the GroupM DIG leads and be the GroupM Services POC for all partner/opportunity conversations related to commerce/retailers
- Obtain all relevant certifications for retailer/platforms (search and programmatic)
- Collaborate with agency commerce and GroupM Services Social teams to establish frameworks for social commerce
- Collaborate with the affiliate marketing specialists to expand current offering
- Collaborate with the SEO and content teams on the Product Detail Page (PDP) SEO and content strategy
- Collaborate with the data and analytics teams across Xaxis, GroupM Services and GroupM Data to establish integrated data platforms.
- Partner with the Shopbox, Analytics, Tech, XCS, Ad Ops, and Product Innovation teams, provide feedback and direction to what they develop and support the product marketing for their capabilities.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute educational sessions and trainings on ecommerce platforms and opportunities.
- Own the creation of new scopes of work for incremental projects and solutions for existing client opportunities
- Liaise with the FUSION team on feedback, new solutions, and rollout
- Liaise with our global commerce teams from a product marketing perspective
- Research and maintain up-to-date knowledge on commerce opportunities, participate in virtual and in-person commerce/retail/shopper conferences.
- Be our clients' point of escalation for new opportunities and innovation in relation to commerce marketing.
- Develop creative ideas and solutions that drive measurable business growth for our clients and for the agency.
- Be the commerce channel liaison with the Product Innovation team
- Minimum 12 years of experience in paid media, preferably in performance marketing
- A deep understanding of paid media operations to identify how GroupM can deliver operational excellence and delight our clients.
- Specialist experience in all Amazon (platforms, ad units, analytics etc.)
- A strong technical understanding of various paid media platforms DSPs be able to deliver solutions that meet the business and client needs.
- Excellent presentation design skills
- Effective and engaging written communication and presentation skills
- Impeccable client relationship skills.
- Deep digital expertise across brand and performance metrics
- Confidence to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Passion for digital and data, well versed on the latest industry trends and news.
- At least a minimal understanding of SQL databases & APIs. Moderate to advanced knowledge preferred.
- Managed over $1MM in client revenue with a track record of successful renewals
- Developed strategies for helping Fortune 500 clients achieve their digital goals
- Developed staff engagement hours estimates for digital marketing campaigns
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and strategic problems
At the heart of the world's leading media agency network is a future-facing product company, building the tools to make media work for everyone. In partnership with the globe's leading clients, agency teams, media companies and technology platforms, we're using our privileged position to help our customers ascend to vantage points unique in our industry.
Our teams bring together agile product management, cutting edge data science and enterprise scale engineering to build products that will shape the next decade of data driven marketing. We believe consumer privacy, client confidentiality, brand growth and user experience are essential to performance and the sustainability of the advertising ecosystem and have assembled a global team with diverse skills and experience to help shape that future.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.