|City||Open to candidates for our AxiCom offices based in New York|
We are AxiCom, a member of the BCW Group of companies and WPP's technology communications specialty agency. As an agency that supports some of the largest technology brands in the world, we know technology and the promise of what could be; inspires curiosity, wonder, hope and change. We are on the front lines of delivering that inspiration to the world on behalf of our clients. It's why we wake up every day - we get to hear and tell really cool stories! We exist to inspire the world by translating the impact of technology.
AxiCom's culture is defined by the three I's (Intelligence, Integrity, Initiative). We value critical thinkers and problem solvers that welcome constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion, and diversity at all levels. We support and celebrate our diversity and value what makes our people unique, and we encourage you to act on your ideas.
AxiCom is seeking a global account leader dedicated to one of the agency's Fortune 50 technology clients. The individual will also be part of AxiCom's leadership and management teams.
This Senior Vice President-level position requires knowledge of all aspects of the communications discipline and a passion to deepen and share that knowledge with clients and colleagues. The role is best suited for someone who thrives in an agile environment, nurtures mutually beneficial relationships, and motivates teams and partners through change. The ideal candidate infuses strategy into everything they do and is equally comfortable rolling up their sleeves alongside the team.
The global account leader oversees a U.S.-based team and manages a network of PR firms that support the client globally. They are part of a WPP team focused on delivering collaboration, integration and innovation across the client's marketing function.
The leader's primary responsibility is to strengthen and grow the client relationship and direct a team of account leaders to achieve this goal. The account's team leaders are expected to embrace the test and learn mentality, coach their teams, and build authentic stakeholder relationships to produce results. Like its client, the team celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit and embraces curiosity and transformation.
• Set the standard for client service and an expectation of continuous innovation and improvement
• Serve as day-to-day contact for client's most senior communications executive, be a consistent presence among their leadership team and deliver thought partnership to the client leadership team
• Create 360-degree programs that strengthen client's corporate and brand reputations while supporting its business objectives
• Apply the tenets of stakeholder capitalism to advance client's corporate affairs objectives
• Direct and develop agency leaders that drive the agency's support of the client's enterprise technology, consumer technology, and corporate communications objectives
• Use data from analytics tools, insights from the competitive landscape, and emerging communications trends to inform strategy and execution
• Be accountable for execution excellence across the account
• Represent communications during integrated planning, delivering value with thoughtful points-of-view
• Collaborate across a global network of marketing and communications firms that work with the client to promote collaboration, resolve conflicts and escalate issues with client and partner agency stakeholders
• Be an inclusive, inspirational leader to a multi-generational, distributed team
• Lead agency staffing decisions to ensure the right talent is in place to complement client team
• Enhance business management systems and ensure operational rigor across the global account
• Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including HR and finance business partners
• 15+ years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility; both agency and in-house experience preferred
• Current/most recent experience in the technology industry with leadership on enterprise technology account(s) or equivalent in-house role
• Experience interfacing with C-level executives
• Strong external communications skills, particularly in PR and executive visibility, and working knowledge of internal communications and change management
• Ability to turn ideas into action and innovation into outcomes
• Understanding of how to apply the tenets of stakeholder capitalism to achieve communications objectives
• Business acumen with experience supporting a publicly-traded company as well as M&A
• Ability to manage a seven-figure (or greater) annual budget and ensure compliance with client agreements and agency/WPP policies
• Track record of identifying and cultivating organic growth
• Foster personal career growth with AxiCom's Axi-Academy training and development program
• Explore mentor relationships through Axi-Com's Axi-Reach mentorship matching
• Create connections and conversations around issues with Axi-Connect, AxiCom's ERG (employee resource group)
• Leverage remote and hybrid work flexibility
AxiCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.