|City||Open to candidates for our AxiCom offices based in New York|
We are AxiCom, a member of the BCW Group of companies and WPP's technology communications specialty agency. As an agency that supports some of the largest technology brands in the world, we know technology's promise of what could be; inspires curiosity, wonder, hope and change. We are on the front lines of delivering that inspiration to the world on behalf of our clients. It's why we wake up every day - we get to hear and tell really cool stories! AxiCom exists to inspire the world by translating the impact of technology.
AxiCom culture is defined by the three I's (Intelligence, Integrity, Initiative). We support and celebrate our diversity and value what makes you different, and we encourage you to act on your ideas. We value critical thinkers and problem solvers that welcome constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion, and diversity at all levels.
AxiCom seeks a Managing Supervisor to help lead the agency's fast-growing cybersecurity practice - inclusive of Fortune 50 brands. The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing cybersecurity client teams, a deep understanding of the security media landscape and a proven track record in crafting and securing top-tier media coverage in national outlets, including broadcast coverage. The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable of issues related to cybersecurity and privacy and demonstrate continued curiosity in emerging industry trends, thought leadership topics and breaking news. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the abilities to nurture and run a high performing team and collaborate with agency cybersecurity experts to identify new storytelling opportunities.
• Assist in the development of earned media relations strategies across traditional and digital/social platforms
• Demonstrate leadership in providing strategic counsel to client and show mastery of all aspects of client management
• Oversee a wide range of media outreach activities and measure results for clients
• Own the brainstorm process; see the need, lead the brainstorm, and begin to identify other team members who have the potential of becoming good brainstorm facilitators
• Flesh out ideas as they relate to client objectives and learn how to bring them to life in presentations and written proposals
• Showcase a command of both digital and traditional communication practices and strategies
• Lead and mentor junior team members to build a culture of high performance
• Demonstrate expertise in all aspects of client budgets and billing
• Identify and flag opportunities for organic client growth to AxiCom leadership
• Develop and grow senior-level client relationships, act as the day-to-day point of contact
• Proven success in developing and executing thoughtful external communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, and with minimal oversight
• Champion inventive thinking and exploring new approaches. Encourage free exchange of ideas and support the use of the agency's creative resources
• Demonstrate expert understanding of client's business, business plan, industry, trends, competitive landscape and the cultural zeitgeist
• Experience with influencer engagement and management, content campaign development, and media coverage amplification
• Champion the agency's culture by living up to AxiCom's values and delivering above level work
• 7-10 years PR experience.
• Previous experience leading or working on cybersecurity account teams.
• Seasoned writing skills; ability to write for senior-level management and audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to supervise and motivate account staff.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms.
• Strong strategic-thinking skills.
• Ability to develop and present new business pitches.
• Ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
• Creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to write strategic materials for client.
• Proven relationships with security media.
• Familiarity with emerging media outlets.
• Strong project management skills.
Open to candidates for our AxiCom offices based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin or remote.
*The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The jobholder's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
AxiCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce. Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.