Position at MediaCom
About the Team:
Integrated Planning, which encompasses both traditional and digital buying streams, is one of the most diverse fields at MediaCom, especially when compared to others in our increasingly fragmented industry, and focuses on strategic decision making fueled by understanding the full spectrum of media channels to deliver on wholistic client business needs.
At MediaCom, Integrated Planning teams work hand-in-hand with Consumer Insights, Strategy, Business Science and other specialty function teams to develop omnichannel media strategies that identify the right use of online and offline data to create consumer profiles, isolate geo-targets and identify the best channels for distributing specific messages.
Integrated Planning is staffed with a team of professionals who strive to not only deliver on structured client briefs but are also dedicated to learning and growing in the field by staying on top of industry trends, allowing us to bring forth new and exciting ideas to our clients and stakeholders. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
To our clients, we are the face of the agency: trusted for our expertise and proactivity. To our internal stakeholders and buying teams, we are the face of the client: translating goals and strategies into actionable processes.
We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
Are you a Systems Thinker? Can you translate complexity making it simple for other people? Do you enjoy using data and being creative! This role is for you! We are looking for Systems Thinkers to play a leading role in our client teams. This role will be responsible for delivering communications plans for our clients and integrating plans across all media channels.
The AMD will be the core of the team and act as the day to day liaison between the client and MediaCom. An experienced planner across all traditional and digital channels, you will drive the planning outputs for clients delivering fully integrated channel plans.
• Setting clear goals: Understanding of the comms objective and ability to translate those into clear campaign objectives/KPIs to be planned against
• Driving audience insight: Developing audience profiles and the ability to compare audiences as well as uncover unique insights that inform channel planning
• Managing audiences across platforms: Exploring and uncovering the best channel targeting for client's objectives
• Driving great work: Producing innovative channel plans that are aligned to client objectives and MediaCom's strategies. Leading channel planning, ensuring both rigor and creativity
• Seamless execution: Managing direct reports and partners in the execution of channel plans. Leading channel budget allocations for all media channels. Oversight on all media dollars in market and continuous review of investments across all channels. Ensuring all tactical plans are completed with the necessary tools and deliver against the client/MediaCom strategies
• Making the most of data: Ensuring excellent data insight, management and quality strategies are implement for the client
• Delivering results: Monitoring performance of media plans versus client/MediaCom objectives
• Learning: Ensuring test and learn activities are factored into planning and implementation of all media
• Day to day delivery: Managing team deliveries of all key client objectives. Maintaining highly visible presence with day to day clients. Develop POVs on various media in the marketplace
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Your People Skills:
• Leading by example while developing, motivating and coaching the team
• Conducting regular 121, 360 feedback and development plans with direct reports
• Sharing knowledge across the team and ensure ongoing personal development
• Help develop a positive team culture with Director and ensure behaviors are being led by example
• Participating in the recruitment process for the team
• Driving collaboration and communication across the team
• Awareness of the staffing structure of their team and implications
• Ensuring the ongoing development of the team via the 360 process
• Applying new/more efficient ways of working
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
• Driving the development and aware of winning work across the industry
• Regularly reviewing key industry research resources e.g. ARF, WARC
• An up-to-date knowledge of all key consumer insight tools, including DMPs and digital resources
• Understand and be able to use all key media planning tools e.g. CommsPoint, Reach Optimizers
• An up-to-date knowledge of all key data insight and execution tools
• Management: proven team/people management
• Client relationships: proven track record of strong day to day management of clients
• Collaboration: demonstrated team work and collaboration beyond core team
• Strong communication: credible, articulate voice and knows how to hold a room
• Development of people: proven developer of team members
• Strategic thinking: proven track record of strategic thinking and the application
• Curiosity: demonstrated learning or application of curiosity to previous roles
• Analytical thinking: aptitude for analytics/data interpretation
• Creativity: examples of creative problem solving
• Leadership: example of independence in previous roles
• Superior organizational, interpersonal and managerial skills with attention to detail
• 6 to 8 years' previous experience desired
• Prior experience managing a team
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
www.mediacomusa.com https://www.facebook.com/MediaComUsa/ https://twitter.com/MediaComUS https://www.linkedin.com/company/mediacom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.