Position at m/SIX
We're looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join m/SIX as a Client Director. The role requires strong leadership, integrated media planning skills and advanced knowledge of traditional and digital media channels.
You will help lead the core planning team that sits at the heart of the agency, covering all media channels with a particular focus on driving results through integrated brand and performance planning. You will need to build excellent relationships with our clients, wider stakeholders, internal specialist teams, and those working within your own team.
Who is m/SIX?
m/SIX is the
fastest growing media network in the world
. We have marked the chapters of our expansion with new client relationships: TalkTalk helped us open our doors in the UK, Toyota enabled us to grow into EMEA and EA has strengthened our presence and offering in APAC and North America. Today we have
and this role of
Communication Client Director
is key to our continued growth and success.
Our business is Built to Pioneer:
m/SIX is a joint venture between independent creative agency
, the world's largest advertising group, drawing on the
best of both worlds
. We have grown 20% in terms of billings and 23% in terms of net sales year to date, versus 2020. Over the past year, there have been an impressive
70+ new business wins
across the m/SIX network.
The way we behave - Honest, Energetic and Pioneering
- Honest: we build trusted relationships through openness, focus & clarity
- Energetic: we meet people with warmth & positivity. We say 'yes, and not 'yes, but.'
- Pioneering: we drive forwards, looking for new technology, new ideas & new sources of growth. We are driven to look for the next innovation, to meet our clients' challenges
This year we were
shortlisted for Campaign's Media Agency of the Year
in the UK. We have also won many awards including the World Media Awards for EA, the WARC Media Awards for Effectiveness for TalkTalk and an IPA Effectiveness Award for Tango. We have also been awarded the
IPA CPD Gold accreditation
in the UK for continuous professional development of our people for 3 years in a row. Showing our commitment to our culture of learning and our focus on the professional development of all m/SIXers, to become
the most important place in their careers.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment:
We are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive agency to build and retain teams that represent the communities we operate in. Our Global employee-run DEI group,
, are pioneers in delivering and maintaining accountability of these commitments.
We were the first media agency in the UK to launch an internship programme -
Ambitious About Autism,
designed to actively champion neurodiversity and unlock the potential of young autistic adults. Now in its third year, our commitment continues, expanding our already successful internship programme and calling the industry to open its doors and minds too young autistic talent.
We are looking for an experienced Client Director to lead communications planning across 2-3 key m/SIX clients.
- Role Location : London, UK
- Reporting into: Client Lead
- Direct Reports: Performance Director, Planning Manager (x2)
- Indirect reports: Wider m/SIX specialist team (data, digital, reservation etc.)
What will be your responsibilities?
- Manages all communications and builds relationships with the day-to-day client leads, as well as with the client partner agencies.
- Lead on end-to-end planning for annual brief responses and campaigns throughout the year.
- Drive innovation across campaign responses and give clear direction to the agency team to ensure our approach is fuelled by insights/data and tells a clear story - pulling in cross-team and senior support as and when required.
- Ensure that specialists are working effectively across projects, monitoring our delivery of the client scope and tracking it on an ongoing basis.
- Build a deep understanding and be well versed with the brand vertical, competition and their business, to understand the challenges and opportunities they face.
- Lead key weekly and quarterly meetings
- Working with the Client Lead to explore opportunities to drive revenue growth for the brands we work with.
- Overseeing account financials to ensure accuracy and time management and maximise profitability and efficiency (e.g. reconciliations, payments, billings, financial tracking).
- Maintain good relations with external agencies, internal teams & media owners to understand what services and products exist that could help deliver our client's business KPIs
- Demonstrate understanding of wider WPP partner agencies and explore opportunities to collaborate for the benefit of the brands we work with
- Live our values: Honest, Energetic and Pioneering.
- Create the conditions for brilliant work and champion that work externally to ensure outstanding client service
- Overseeing the team to manage reporting requirements, quality controlling output and ensuring actionable insight is delivered.
- Responsible for the management, coaching and development of your team
- Be a champion for building a diverse, equitable and inclusive agency
Who are you?
What does success in this role look like?
- Honest, energetic and pioneering. You care about the business and want to make a difference.
- Someone who wants to build their career in the fastest growing network agency in the world.
- A self-starter who demonstrates curiosity and works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Someone who has a passion to learn and maintain a detailed knowledge of media and market trends
- Highly collaborative and facilitate a productive working relationship across the agency as well as someone passionate about leading and managing people.
- Has a strong understanding of communications planning and can translate a communications strategy into a media planning recommendation, considering best formats, weighting, flighting and activation tactics to deliver against core objectives of a campaign.
- A thorough understanding of all owned and earned media touchpoints and can define the jobs to be done across media and content, develop channel roles and investment priorities based around tasks.
- Considerable experience of running planning processes - both within your agency team and with agency partners to deliver integrated comms solutions.
- An ability to create professional presentations and an excellent presenter, to communicate effectively with senior clients with gravitas.
- A strong understanding of campaign evaluation knowing how to set and measure against both media, brand and business KPIs.
- In-depth knowledge and application of core media tools including AdDynamix, TGI, YouGov & MediaExplorer.
- A proven track record in growing both your client's and the agencies' business.
- Me dia planning experience
- You are an inspiring and trusted key point of contact with the clients and across m/SIX
- Driving the retention and growth of the brands we work with.
- Constantly striving to achieve "excellent" client satisfaction scores.
- Ensuring exemplary work that contributes towards setting high standards as a benchmark for the team, producing positive feedback from our clients
- Bringing new ways of planning and operating smarter - so we spend less time processing and more time thinking.
- Winning accolades across the agency winning praise from peers and senior stakeholders.
- Winning industry awards for your thinking and results.
- You help in building an inclusive and diverse team that leads by example and drives all core pillars of m/SIX.
- You as an individual feel supported, have career satisfaction and feel you are doing the best work of your career.