Position at Wavemaker
Overview of the Job
We are looking for a Media Planner to join us in the integrated business team. This is a client-facing role and you will be responsible for managing and optimizing our clients' investment on all channels, across traditional and digital media.
Reporting of the role:
This role reports to the Group Account Director
3 Best Things About The Job:
What Your Day Looks Like In Wavemaker:
- Working with a high performing integrated media team to drive best in class media planning and ROI for well-known local and renowned international brands.
- Hone client servicing and strategic planning skills.
- Thrive in a people-first culture built on collective energy, passion, collaboration and support.
What You Need:
- Manage client communication, including taking clients' briefs or requests and work with managers to respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Apply knowledge of Singapore media landscape and the role of digital and traditional media to deliver compelling solutions/POV for clients.
- Set campaign timeline and ensure all external and internal parties are promptly updated and aligned on deliverables and deadlines.
- Build media plans and present recommendations and updates to clients with sound rationale.
- Project manage entire campaign launch and collaborate with clients, media owners, agency partners and internal specialist teams to ensure all ads are launched on time.
- Proactive tracking of campaign performance and budget pacing and develop optimization recommendation to share with clients.
- Evolve use of measurement systems to provide greater insight into ROI of campaign reports and ensure agreed KPIs are met.
In 3 months:
- Currently living/working in Singapore.
- Minimum 1-2 years of media/digital experience preferred.
- Possess working knowledge of media planning and buying process, with a good understanding of traditional and digital channel landscape, the role of channels and how channels interplay across paid, owned and earned.
- Possess some technical knowledge of buying and trading tech including ad-servers, verification tools and DSP/DMPs etc.
In 6 months:
- Build rapport with clients and media partners. Proactively participate in meeting discussions with clients and agency partners.
- Support Manager in campaign planning and able to put together proposals in powerpoint presentations.
- Able to present recommendation to clients with sound rationale.
- Able to engage with clients on all matters relating to campaign execution across traditional and digital channels.
- Able to develop granular campaign media schedules independently with high accuracy.
- Rigor in setting and tracking campaign KPIs. Ensure effective and accurate optimisation and delivery of performance reports.
- Own projection management, ensure smooth workflow and clients and team members are updated and up to speed on all tasks.
In 12 months:
- Establish credibility by applying understanding of clients' category/competitive landscape and marketing priorities in day to day communication.
- Able to confidently contribute to meeting discussions and proactively share POVs.
- Holistic digital thinking is carried across channel planning and drive innovative solutions beyond tried and tested with outcomes that can be clearly measured.
- Able to analyse campaign reports and provide strong insights and recommendation on optimization.
- Strong project manager - able to effective prioritise tasks and deadlines and ensure work are delivered in time and in good quality.
More about Wavemaker
- Build trusted advisor relationship with clients. Able to support the broader strategic output for clients' marcom needs and inject your media POV.
- Fully competent in developing and articulating a compelling media plan to successfully sell in campaign recommendation or new initiatives.
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fueled by the world's most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it's not easy, but if it's in you, we will get it out of you.
Our 7,600 people across 90 markets provoke growth for some of the world's leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients' business
- confidence to challenge what's gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP's global media investment management company. Discover more on wavemakerglobal.com , Twitter and LinkedIn
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers' needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity - it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.