VMLY&R is a global brand and customer experience agency that harnesses creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands. Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies for five consecutive years, VMLY&R is made up of more than 12,000 employees worldwide with principal offices in Kansas City, New York, Detroit, London, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. The agency is behind award-winning campaigns for blue chip client partners including Colgate-Palmolive, Danone, Dell, Ford, Intel, New Balance, Pfizer and Wendy's. For more information, visit www.vmlyr.com.au. VMLY&R is a WPP company (NYSE: WPP).
There are more than 400 of us within our 5 offices in Australia and New Zealand. Each VMLY&R office has its own unique personality, and spaces created to enable bold, creative thinking and meaningful collaboration. And we're not all about the work. We want everyone to have the best life both in and out of the office. With (COVID permitting) regular events, Friday lunches, and sundowner sessions, a day in the office feels more like a very productive day spent with mates (either physically or virtually).
VMLY&R AUNZ Highlights:
There are many things that make VMLY&R AUNZ an awesome place to work, but we think these are worth a special mention:
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off to celebrate your Birthday each year;
- Summer Days - 5 paid afternoons off each year during daylight savings time;
- Loyalty Leave - a paid day off each year to celebrate your work anniversary;
- Employee Assistance Program access and 24/7 support;
- LinkedIn Learning access for all employees
- Armed with a knock-out portfolio demonstrating copywriting and conceptual skills that make others wish it was theirs
- Have a true passion for writing and are a brilliant conceptual thinker. We want people teeming with ideas and practical know-how to bring them to fruition
- You appreciate the connection between copy and art and understand an excellent ad is a fusion of both.
- Proactive, collaborative and driven by design excellence
- A great problem solver, with the ability to think ahead and bring clarity to complex situations. You're tenacious, open-minded and determined
- A team player with a desire to develop further. Considerate, encouraging and able to give and take constructive directions
- Optimistic, sunny by nature and keen to be part of our agency culture
- Create and execute campaigns and creative work that delivers impact for our clients
- Work in a team with your Art Director (but be comfortable working solo when required)
- Be able to write across a wide range of tones for a variety of brands
- Collaboration with the wider creative department, other disciplines and external creative partners - like sound designers, VO talent, directors, designers and artists
- Work closely with your creative Lead to ensure a high-quality output
- Thrive in a fast pace, deadline-driven environment and always strive to deliver high standard, market-leading work
- Develop a deep knowledge of your clients' business, including an understanding of their marketing challenges, business objectives and the role of 'ideas' in achieving those
- Develop a deep understanding of your clients' brand across all channels
- Build an industry reputation for yourself and VMLY&R Brisbane through thought leadership and market-leading work
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of copywriting with the ability to review tone and copy and assess their validity for a brand
- Confidently guide and supervise production of your ideas
- Be proactive and productive - utilise time wisely and look for creative and business opportunities whenever possible. This is a big one!
- Excellent concepting skills with great understanding of writing craft
- Must have ability to stretch and extend tone across a wide range of audiences
- A thorough understanding of copywriting, big thinking
- Capacity to communicate ideas and delegate tasks to our design studio
- A strong interest in and understanding of digital and social media
- Excellent communication, prioritisation and presentation skills. We want someone who can take the client on a journey
- Excellent knowledge of the industry, in particular marketing, technology and creative references
- A strong understanding of what makes standout creative
- The ability to engage and demonstrate your ideas effectively
- A strong folio filled with great ideas (and preferably a few awards)
- A passion for developing and creating market-leading work to the highest standard in all medias
- You're flexible and adaptable to the needs of a busy agency, with a positive approach to every task
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.