AKQA Media are on the hunt for an Account Manager to join our growing Client Services team in Sydney. Our Account Managers act as builders of the client relationship, and are brand champions and agency facilitators. You will be responsible for managing multi-discipline projects and accounts across creative and content, strategy and media which includes search, social, data and more - for some of the biggest and most influential brands in Australia, New Zealand, and the world.
Client Partners at AKQA Media / Landor & Fitch are strategic leaders, responsible for building brands and driving performance through an integrated approach to media, data, experience and creativity. With service excellence at their core, they are the ultimate champions and advocates of our clients' brands, helping them drive success.
Your focus will be on leading the People's Choice account and helping shape both their future, and that of our agency. You'll identify and create opportunities to add value to their business. You'll become a brand guardian, advisor to the senior clients, and an agency facilitator who drives business results.
To succeed in this role, you need to be laser-focused on the People's Choice business with a keen eye for opportunities to apply AKQA Media / Landor & Fitch's wide-ranging expertise to drive continued revenue growth and world class work.
- Demonstrate excellent client service craft, relationship building skills and an ability to lead complex conversations.
- Client champion: Helps to grow strategic client relationships, takes part in key client meetings, mentors core team and acts as final escalation point for all activity. Able to identify and react to opportunities and issues, prioritise work streams based on an overall understanding of the business and account, and communicate effectively with client and agency contacts.
- Is seen as a leader internally and by People's Choice driven by insight-led thinking and an in-depth knowledge of the clients' business. Able to 'own the room'.
- Plays an active role in the creation or advancement of new marketing product offerings
- Actively participates in shared learning presentations, fueled by strong presentation and advisory skills.
- Displays a high degree of integrity and is respected by client/teams/executive management/peers. Builds strong relationships with People's Choice and is trusted as a key business partner and recognised as a strategic advisor.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and uses them to drive decisions, yielding sustained and measurable results
- Develop and display deep knowledge of the client's business and the category/competition.
- Annual client planning: Ensures visibility of all major client initiatives over the next 12 months across the account highlighting growth opportunities, challenges and strategies to implement.
- Successfully grows long-term, trusted relationships with senior level clients, consistently demonstrating an ability to identify new commercial opportunities
Strategy and Delivery Management
- Sets strategy for account group. Strategic leadership of the internal team. Setting the vision for the account, helping the team understand what needs to be delivered.
- Leads an audience first, channel agnostic approach to media strategy, planning and buying.
- In-depth understanding of digital / ATL media, creative, planning and strategy with experience developing marketing-leading strategies. Is seen by all departments as a strategic leader in driving client and AKQA Media / Landor & Fitch solutions.
- Encourage a fearless, entrepreneurial approach to solving problems.
- Successfully facilitates the delivery of media-driven and cross-capability streams of work.
- Inspires and motivates action across departments and disciplines, fosters teamwork.
- Idea generation and leading/facilitating internal responses to brief, working with internal delivery teams
- Successfully manages multiple suppliers, partners and platforms to ensure best outcome for both client and AKQA Media / Landor & Fitch.
- Provides updates on project progress, account planning and conflicts or escalations to the Management Team.
- Reviewing all client portfolio work to ensure brief and standards met
- Anticipates, defuses and resolves conflict between team members and departments as needed.
- Build network and platform relationships to identify new opportunities for People's Choice
- Effectively balances client and internal demands for on-time and on-budget delivery
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Considers AKQA Media / Landor & Fitch strategic and development challenges. Identifies and proposes ways to improve business operations.
- Award entries and recognition of work developed
- Consistent communication and escalation to the agency management team.
- Attend relevant training and development opportunities
- Ensure a positive and motivating team environment, living our values
- Excellent strategic and commercial knowledge, with 10+ years of business experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to demonstrate how you've made a measurable difference to an organisation, project or team
- Previous integrated campaign experience, and experience working with multiple external and agency stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the client organisation, including C Suite.
- In-depth understanding of digital & mass media, planning and strategy
- First class project management skills.
- A positive, 'can do' attitude and a passion for doing great work that works
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to provide thought leadership and a clear point-of-view
- Delivery against People's Choice objectives and KPIs
- Client NPS - TRR and NPS based on feedback from People's Choice team
- Agency and team leadership - 360 degree feedback.
- Operational smoothness - On time, on budget
- Innovation & thought leadership - award entries, internal & external feedback