Position at VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
The Associate Director of Technology is innovative and provides creative new concepts and leadership. As an integral part of the development team, we expect our Associate Directors to be responsible for architecting and implementing best-in-class development and security practices in launching large-scale websites. As a leader, you will be working with different discipline leads across solution delivery, testing , ideating, and delivering project s on schedule. The typical team size you will be managing range s from 3-5 full-stack developers.
Required Skills :
- Collaborate with management, analysts, designers, and customers to identify end-user requirements and specifications
- Produce efficient and elegant code based on requirements and reviewing peer Pull Requests
- Testing and deploying programs and applications
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software
- Contribute to technical documentation to guide future development projects
- Learn new technology practices to better support existing and future projects
- Has a strong understanding of client-side and server-side, pros/cons of usin g certain technologies and frameworks.
- Has excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Can anticipate and independently provide solutions for complex problems and issues, recommending upgrades, enhancements, priorities, and strategic technology directions based on independent research, consultation, and analysis
- Can rapidly absorb complex technical and conceptual information, identifying key issues and details, and present understandable alternatives to both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels of the organization
- Can work on multiple complex tasks against deadlines and shifting priorities and is comfortable dealing with uncertainty, ambiguity, and change
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile methodologies
- Must have a passion to learn new technologies and developing best - in - class user experiences.
- Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of expert-level GUI development experience as well as experience with the most updated versions of front-end technologies and highly proven proficiency working with the following:
- HTML5, CSS Preprocessors ( Sass, SCSS, or LESS )
- Strong understanding of web architecture concepts (session, cache, cookies, authentication tokens )
- Experience in integration with back-end services ( REST API and/or GraphQL )
- Client-side performance optimization
- Familiar with Accessibility Requirements and implementing appropriate coding practices to achieve targeted standards.
- Experience with Git, experience with GitFlow is a plus
- Experience with front-end build tools such as Webpack
- Nice to have e xperience implementing Tagging with one or more of the following analytics packages: Webtrends , Google Analytics , Adobe Analytics or similar products
- Nice to have experience in integrating A/B testing solutions such as Adobe Target or Optimizely.
- Experience integrating and working with one or more of the following CMS platforms: Adobe Experience Manager (preferred), EPiServer, Sitecore, Drupal or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of backend technologies, such as Java (Spring Boot, Apache Sling, OSGi) is a plus
- An understanding of Templating languages such as JSP, or HTL.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in C omputer S cience or appropriate to the supported area is a plus
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.