Position at MediaCom
Senior Search Planner Buyer
Overview of role
We are looking for a Senior Search Planner Buyer who will work on the UKs most recognised Health & Beauty retailer: Boots. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large team working across a number of business areas within Boots, including the core categories of their stores (Beauty, Health, Baby, Fragrance etc).
With Boots being at the forefront of trends and developments within the Health & Beauty vertical and subject to the usual peaks within retail (Black Friday etc), the work is fast paced given the large nature of the e-commerce retailer. Hence this is an opportunity to become a retail expert within Paid Search and develop a determined and winning mindset.
The team work together to deliver on the clients' performance targets, as well as work with a number of additional client contacts across the various business areas of Boots. This is therefore a role suitable a proactive, motivated, and diligent individual who is able to work independently as well as understand the core principles behind effective teamwork. This role also involves working with junior team members hence this is an opportunity to upskill in training others.
This is a unique opportunity to work on one the UK's largest e-commerce clients at MediaCom with huge scope for learning & development, with the support of a large team.
The Senior Search Planner Buyer will be responsible for supporting the team lead with the day-to-day planning and strategy, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver growth, and meeting efficiency targets.
The Senior Search Planner Buyer will be self-motivated and able to manage their time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have in-depth specialist knowledge of PPC principles and how the market operates.
They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence search.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Search Associate Director
3 best things about the job
1. The client Boots: the opportunity to work on a widely recognised retailer with exciting product launches across numerous brand and categories.
2. Your development: we'll support your learning and development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from other teams in the agency.
3. The team: A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class, award winning campaigns, and which has fun along the way.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
In six months, you would have:
In 12 months, you would have:
Responsibilities of the role
• In-depth Search specialist experience
• Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards strict cost per sale/ROI targets
• Up to date with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and GMP developments, including upcoming changes and beta opportunities
• Knows how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets and market conditions may change
• Advanced knowledge of data interpretation, insights generation and subsequent optimisation recommendations
• Proficient in managing campaigns end to end
• Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
• Collaborate with the Search Team Manager on innovative strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
• Share learnings and best practice with the team and wider Search/client groups.
• Show initiative and proactivity to achieve our goals
External and Internal Communication
• Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the client contacts, media partners and internal stakeholders with the support of the Search Team Manager when required.
Technology and Systems
• Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360) and account audit platforms such as Squared.io beneficial.
• ( FTSavvy user of automated account management systems and processes
• Working knowledge of how to utilise and apply standard and custom scripts
• MediaOcean's Prisma for the financial process
What you will need
• Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and targets
• Self-motivated with an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
• A team player who is approachable and supportive
• Positive and proactive attitude, passionate about all things Paid Search
• Able to delegate and escalate without delay
• Understand the client's business and the challenges they face
• Keen to establish a collaborative relationship with our client contacts
• A strong communicator who is clear and concise
• Calm under pressure, reliable and organised
• Ability to work across multiple brands/products and search accounts
• Previous experience with performance clients
• Strong attention to detail in everything done, whether it's in platform or a presentation slide
• Eager to continuously learn
• Knowledge of one of the following languages a bonus: German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese
MediaCom is the UK's largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people's whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients' businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training , and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. W e apply our unique 'Systems Thinking' philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. Th is include s Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry's most prestigious ceremonies , and we were named Campaign's Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP's consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here ! You can also follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram !
* Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London *