Position at Mindshare Worldwide
Account Manager , Design
Job title: Account Manager , Design
Group: Mindshare Outcomes
Clien t : Dyson
Reports to: Outcomes Account Director
Job purpose :
The Design Account Manager role is responsible for the planning and integrat ion o f Mindshare Outcomes EU hub for Dyson . Outcomes is a fully integrated cross digital channel approach in which Design (traditionally planning team) and Delivery (traditionally activation team) collaborat e to deliver Dyson's media objectives as a single entity.
The Design and Delivery team provide a single unified planning and buying approach to driving maximum 'Outcomes' for Dyson. This role is dedicated to managing integrated digital planning and client coordination planning process across the UK .
Working across teams and building strong relationships with all key stakeholders (client s, fellow Design colleagues , Delivery team s as well as local & WW Mindshare teams ) is fundamental. We will work with you to pinpoint key contacts you are responsible for leading and developing.
You will be responsible for managing day to day communication with the local Dyson digital team and be the key interface for the Mindshare local Connector and lead.
Reporting S tructure:
The Design Account Manager report s directly to the Outcomes Account Director
- A strong digital media planning & buying experience. Ideally local and global.
- Understanding of brand and demand media planning capabilities.
- Experience in digital media planning across channels ( search, social & programmatic ) .
- Experience in forecasting, headroom & scenario digital planning to deliver to client sales targets.
- Excellent client facing communication & presentation skills.
- Hands on knowledge tools such as TGI & Google Analytics, search trends, ad servers (e.g. DoubleClick ), social analytics ( e.g. Crimson Hexagon), data visualization & analysis tools).
- Team player. Gets stuck in.
- A ' can-do ' attitude who is energetic with a hands-on approach to service client relationships .
- Positive & productive.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills .
Key skills & knowledge:
The individual will be expected to support a team of planners to deliver integrated campaign s across search, social and programmatic platform s . You will be expected to champion and support the development of the Outcomes best practice approach to delivering campaigns, multi market strategy coordination and communication. Through coordination and day to day contact with clients, y ou will play a key role in deliver ing exceptional work for our clients.
This role must be positive, proactive and problem solving at the heart.
The 3 key principles of the role are:
- Support insight lead and integrated digital planning across the consumer journey. (SEE/THINK/DO /CARE & Amy loop (including understanding of paid, owned & earned media
- Central day to day communicator for digital projects and processes . Supporting Design planners and collaborating with Outcomes Delivery to provide a single solution as one Outcomes team.
- Lead daily client communications and management of the end-to-end client key deliverables for your market , work ing in full collaboration with the local connector as one Mindshare team. ( e.g., quarterly/yearly planning & QBR process) .
Principal responsibilities :
Delivering client performance
- Be the dedicated daily market contact focused on integration to drive digital strategy & data driven marketing.
- Coordinate media plans/ documents incorporating communication goals, recommendations, rationale, ideas and implementation, planning costs and budget splits and KPI's. (cross channel if required)
- Lead the planning conversation for clients i n partnership with local team and Account Director .
- Collaborate with Delivery planners and Outcomes Delivery teams on plans , insights and recommendations to provide leverage their expertise.
- Participate in discussions of key drivers and barriers to delivering the Dyson paid media target .
- Work on test & learn hypothesis with Outcomes Delivery teams and contribute to testing opportunities to drive performance of media campaigns.
- Develop understanding of Dyson business - brand, category, products and competition, issues and challenges.
- Participation in regional Joint Business Plan /DMF workstreams with Facebook and Google .
- E nsure consistency & high standard of output from Outcomes.
Developing our product
Work with Design planners to :
- Collaborate on a consistent, best-in-class approach to design rooted in the Mindshare Outcomes best practice framework.
- Share quarterly roadmaps with clients and share case studies that cover DMF principles of testing.
- Support the de velopment of Outcomes planning and pr ocesses.
Driving our process
- Manage digital cross channel planning processes & outputs across HUB and local team planning.
- Work with Operations and Project Management teams to both develop and adopt DAAP ways of working .
- Support integrated ways of working between Outcomes and M indshare Local Teams for EU markets .
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize jobs and manage own and the teams time efficiently.
- Be the daily client point of contact and m anage planning timeline and client request efficiently for the team.
- Ensure the Outcomes Delivery teams are delivering on the key deliverables from strategies to follow up actions/ tracking from calls to ensure Design team accountability .
- Collate weekly reports and share with clients and capture actions and next steps to surface with Design teams.
- Manage status documents and ensure Design and Delivery teams are on track with key deliverables.
- Support the management of reconciled spend documents and troubleshoot client billing queries.
- Manage internal file and folder structure with Account Executive , including media plan versions and creative assets.
- Constantly review all optimization, budget management and other processes to identify opportunities for improvement in effectiveness or efficiency.
- Ensure that any work that leaves Outcomes is of the highest standard.
Raising our profile
- Surface and share great work from the team .
- C ontribute to case studies and share examples of great work with clients.
- Participate in media industry trend discussions and share points of view with clients to keep the m on top of the latest trends or tech.
- A clear and concise style of writing with confident, persuasive presentation skills.
- Build and maintain relationships with local c lient l eads, offering strategic guidance to help grow the business and strengthen the relationship .
Inspiring our people
- Management and training of Account Executive, including delegation of tasks and participation in their appraisal.
- Work in collaboration with the other Design planners and the Delivery team.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards all areas of our work and looking for opportunities and solutions from challenges .
- Play an integral role in fostering and driving a culture of collaboration and best practice within Outcomes team and beyond.
- Establish a relationship with key clients, through QBRs/proactive projects.
- Contribute to integrated digital thinking across the team.
- Maintain a strong line of communication with all team members especially with the increase in remote working. Its critical to know when to raise issues to prevent further escalation.
- Support the creat ion of the Design Outcomes vision and the initiatives that will help us achieve it.
- Ensure a consistent, welcoming onboarding experience for all new starters.
P ersonal p erformance measures :
The Design Account Manager w ill predominantly be measured on the output s below.
- Ensure best in class media plans are delivered on time to clients .
- Collaboration - measured via 360 and informal feedback .
- Client satisfaction via formal and constructive feedback .
- Strong relationships with all key contacts via 360 and informal feedback .
- Contributing strategic thinking to the Dyson planning process, and managing Outcomes teams to ensure annual planning, response to briefs and quarterly business reviews are completed to a high standard .
- Involvement in wider Mindshare Outcomes initiatives .
- Ensure team delivers 100% excellence in the finance process from Design, and work with Delivery to ensure these are followed towards Outcomes guidelines.