Position at VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
The Manager, Digital Investment, will lead the day-to-day media planning and implementation functions for Hill's Pet Nutrition's digital media. The Manager will assist the team in the development, execution, and stewardship of media plans, as well as other initiatives based on client requirements and needs. The Manager will also oversee his/her direct reports' work to ensure the team is providing industry leading client service.
The Manager, Digital Investment role on the Hill's Pet Nutrition account will fall under WPP's integrated agency called WPP Red Fuse. WPP Red Fuse is an integrated global team dedicated to serving Colgate-Palmolive worldwide. Hill's Pet Nutrition is a subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Key support lead for all media plan recommendation development, focused in digital media
- Utilize 3 rd party syndicated research resources (i.e. ComScore, Nielsen, etc.) to develop partner recommendations for upfront and standard buys
- Finalize consideration sets, help craft RFPs and work with team to review all proposals from publishers/vendors
- Collaborate with the Creative, Account Management, Programmatic and Social teams in order execute accurate and effective plans according to the approved strategy
- Lead the team in developing reach and frequency delivery estimates
- Build meaningful relationships with clients, agency team members and media partners
- Keep up to date with industry trends and offerings and have a perspective on how/why they should or should not be considered for clients' media plans
- Manage the implementation, optimization and reporting of campaigns, including:
- Manage Sr. Associates and Associates on the implementation and optimization of campaigns
- Collaborate with Ad-Ops to traffic approved digital plans
- Keeping up to date buy authorizations, tracking reports, buy changes, creative specifications, etc.
- Ongoing buy management and stewardship of campaigns (pacing, updates in Prisma, optimizations etc.)
- Take a lead role in reporting campaign performance compared to benchmark
- Draw meaningful insights from data and articulate into report
- Create optimization recommendations
- Ensure all financials are updated in Prisma
- Manage client financials such as budget reconciliation and budget management
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications
- 4-5 years digital media planning/buying in an agency setting
- Must have worked in an interactive/digital environment
- Strong ability to think strategically first and foremost in approach to digital media plan development
- High familiarity with full array of various digital channels/offerings: g. Programmatic buying, pre-roll video, display, rich media, native, paid/organic social media channels, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Google Online Document Collaboration: Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc
- Proficiency with 3 rd party syndicated research resources such as ComScore and Nielsen
- Proficiency with Prisma and 3 rd party ad servers (i.e. Campaign Manager, Sizmek)
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate various media research data
- Demonstrate professional, proper techniques and etiquette when dealing with individuals internally and externally through all means of communication at all times
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VMLY&R is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer .