At Wavemaker, we believe there always is a better way to grow. By Positively Provoking Growth for our clients and our people, we shape decisions and experiences through media, content and technology.
Wavemaker is a global media, content and technology agency. In Australia, we are currently ranked as the #2 Media Agency. We have over 250 people working across six offices: Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Auckland, New Zealand. We are part of GroupM and WPP; the largest media buying alliance and marketing communications group in the world. For the last four years we have rated in the top 20 'Best Places To Work Australia', we pride ourselves on our culture and our people.
About the role
The role of the Digital department is to work closely alongside the client and C&C team as the interface between WM product teams, GroupM specialist divisions and our media partners, to ensure client campaigns are executed and amplified in an effective, efficient and future facing, Wavemaker way.
The Digital Director provides leadership for their direct reports by providing a vision, outlining opportunities and setting the digital roadmap for the team. The Director will provide digital consultation to senior clients e.g CMO's (along with Client Leads) addressing business concerns and opportunities. Equipped to provide digital thought leadership, best practice and innovation internally and to our clients, the Director will influence and inspire our people to ensure we have great digital talent and skillsets delivering great work.
Skills & Experience
- Responsible for training and development of all members of their team
- Responsible for controlling workflow between all members of the team and escalating any issues to Head of Digital
- Provide clear guidance and instruction when teaching & helping others
- Establish an understanding of client challenges, objectives & initiatives and develop relationships with key client contacts.
- Build strong and enduring client relationships at a senior level; be the agency's digital representative for the client - the key point of contact; be the client's representative in the agency - know what the client expects of Wavemaker
- Help to provide innovative strategic insights by acting as an expert on the client's business, industry, competitors, key drivers, environment etc
- Responsible for proactively planning and implementing digital development and growth of the client
- Knowledge of Pathmatics - use competitor information to lead digital strategy and touchpoint plans
- Knowledge of Nielsen Answers - use Nielsen answers to lead digital strategy and touchpoint plans
- Seek to find, communicate and implement improvements in all aspects of the role
- Develop market leading profile via strong relationships internally and externally to execute award winning campaigns
- Build the agency's reputation by contributing to entries for awards and competitions
What success looks like:
- Extensive experience in client communication and management
- Accountability and ownership of entire output of the team
- Experience of managing a team of multiple people
- Able to work to get the best from every member of the team
- Motivates the team to over-deliver against client expectation
- Experience building and maintaining operations processes
- Strong, up to date, media landscape knowledge (confidently able to articulate economic, industry and consumer trends).
- Literate, articulate and numerate
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Established media systems knowledge (Pathmatics, Symphony, Sizmek, DCM, MOAT, Nielsen and Excel)
- Extensive digital planning and buying experience
The easiest and simplest way to see if you have done a great job is when:
In 3 months you would have:
In 6 months you would have:
- Fully up to speed with the digital needs of the clients at Wavemaker
- Working with teams to respond to briefs ensuring that the Wavemaker digital product is brought to life
- Effectively managing the digital implementation team directly reporting into you as well as team members within specialist teams, ensuring that all campaign KPIs are managed and met
- Actively participating in agency updates and publisher meetings, getting up to speed with all digital deals, tools and data
In 12 months you would have:
- Leading the digital thinking cross Wavemaker client campaigns
- Sharing learnings from the campaigns, providing ideas/opportunities to further develop the implementation and sharing these with both the internal team and the external clients
- Established as a key member of the agency by clients, internal team, GroupM and senior publishers; appropriately managing the team and building relationships on Wavemaker behalf with publishers
About GroupM Australia
- Adding additional value alongside leadership of the digital strategy and implementation of client campaigns; ensuring the Wavemaker team are delivering the best digital strategy, implementation and investment service possible
- Actively managing the development of key team members; providing on the job and off the job training and ensuring that development KPI's are met
- Identifying new product opportunities for Wavemaker as a business that are relevant to our clients
- Identifying new client opportunities and working with the pitch team to win these pieces of business
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia. GroupM is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital and positively influences the environment in which we operate. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment or bullying. Race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions, we encourage all applicants.
Apply now and send your CV via the link!