To be a key member of the Qatar strategy team that helps to inspire creatives and gives confidence to clients in terms of the strategic direction and creative recommendations.
ABILITY TO DEFINE THE PROBLEM:
What have we been asked to do and what should we do?
Finding things out and rethinking them laterally to inspire.
- An ability to interrogate a client's brief in order to understand and articulate the strategic requirements.
- The capability to understand different aspects of a clients' business in terms of marketing and communications objectives. An interest in getting to grips with volume, value, share, pricing etc.
- Experience in understanding the external context of the client (competition, market trends and international benchmarking) to create relevant SWOT analysis.
- The agility to be able to synthesize key data points from within the client and external data to be able to extract valuable insight.
- An interest in learning the ropes on quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
SETTING THE PATH:
Bring inspiration and clarity to the path to be followed.
- Demonstrate talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture and an interest in creative work.
- Be able to use and leverage key research sources such as Mintel, WARC and Google analytics.
- Capability in being able to create competitive activity and category trend reports.
- Capability to convert complex sets of data into simple, direct and unique creative statements.
Help creative and other disciplines come up with better ideas, faster.
- Where necessary, see the path to alternative strategies to meet the objectives set.
- Be able to articulate strategic territories and products concepts and be able to write these.
- Draft inspiring creative briefs.
- Help to bring to life the idea and create a compelling story to frame it.
Consult clients on their communication needs and on how the agency can support them.
- Support the creation of an idea and how it is right for the audience and brand.
- Share great creative work from within the category or outside it as inspiration.
- Support creative work to secure strategic briefing is respected and kept throughout the agency's deliverables.
- Meet with clients to understand their needs.
- Be able to quickly challenge clients on their goals to better define the project.
- Conduct deep-dive interviews and/or workshops to extract necessary information from clients.
- Conduct periodical assessment interviews and/or workshops to extract necessary information from clients.