Position at VMLY&R
At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
VMLY&R is looking for an experienced Program Director who can quickly understand our client's needs and objectives with the ability to effectively manage variety sized teams in their effort to deliver services.
The Program Director is expected to manage against defined processes throughout a client engagement as well as identify strategic opportunities for optimizations and new work within our client's environments. This individual is also responsible for building, coaching and leading teams against said process to ensure successful deliveries.
VMLY&R needs individuals who are proactive problem solvers that can manage team dynamics, manage project financial performance, clearly communicate status, and drive progression towards dates.
- Lead multiple projects under one or more clients
- Support/provide strategic direction related to processes and resolution paths
- Understand the requirements of the organization to create efficient solutions within the projects engaged
- Provide well researched POV documents on a variety of solutions related to project work
- Maintain direct client relationships with client project owners and client management leadership
- Responsible for interviewing and making recommendations to hire analysts at the Supervisor and Senior Manager levels
- Coach, mentor and manage a Delivery team in the creation of business analysis tools/techniques and business requirements (i.e. user story mapping, process maps, rules matrices, mockups, textual requirements, user stories etc.)
- Serve as a key point of contact and liaison for cross-divisional teams, agency peers and management
- Support scoping and estimation exercises with Client Engagement teams
- Support new business opportunities for engaged Clients
- Identify opportunities to engage other VMLY&R delivery teams to continuously provide value to Clients
- Support organizational resourcing based on Client needs (communicating, managing, executing)
- Manages projects against variances in profitability, burn and efficiency.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- College degree or significant project support experience
- 2+ years of Digital/Marketing Agency experience
- 10+ years of analyst, technical, and business experience
- Master's degree in business administration, computer science, computer information systems, marketing, or equivalent experience preferred
- Master of agile software development methodologies, amongst other methodologies
- Experience in running or working with agile teams (preferably Scrum)
- Understanding of business requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria
- Ability to provide proactive and assertive leadership in problem solving, managing financial success of projects, maintaining timelines, and reducing waste
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to resolve conflict with productive outcomes
- Ability to effectively work across departments with diplomacy and a firm understanding of other's roles and perspectives
- Ability to manage multiple work-streams (projects) effectively and efficiently.
- Extensive team management skills for teams of 10-15+.
- Ability to view problems in context at the system and organization and align solutions with the strategic direction of our clients and company
- Experience with multiple application lifecycle management solutions
- Proactive, adaptable, and flexible
- Life-long learner, demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to operate under tight deadline with complex business/technical solutions
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.