Position at MediaCom
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world's largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Investment is the engine room of MediaCom Marketplace. It's where the rubber hits the road. You bring to life Connected Execution plans, develop exciting partnerships built on your relationships with the media, and deliver value for our clients. Futureproofed, you operate in a system powered by data, technology and automation that is built around best in class products and processes.
You are the empowered negotiator, the confident trader and the system optimiser, underpinned by a futureproofed way of working. As an Associate Digital Director, you are to assist the Group Digital Director and/or Digital Director for the overall delivery of high quality Digital Investment plans, ensuring your team of talented Investment planners are using data, technology and tools to deliver best in class media systems.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY, YOU MIGHT
- Media Owner Group Sales Managers and Sales Managers
- Relevant tech and data providers
- Day to day clients
- Client Leadership Team
- Heads of Department (MBA, Business Science, Automation)
WHAT MAKES A GOOD ASSOCIATE DIGITAL DIRECTOR?
- Assist Group Digital Director and/or Digital Director in ensuring that the MP team understand their role and responsibilities
- Ensure they and their team live and breathe the MediaCom values
- Coach Managers regularly to deliver their work to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Follow the MediaCom 4A's agency framework in planning & buying, and enforce roles and responsibilities at each stage
- Ensure the 4A's framework is being applied according to the unique requirements of each brief
- Ensure the team are using all Marketplace endorsed media planning/reporting tools and GroupM Knowledge tools, interpreting relevant data sources to build insights that lead to optimized channel thinking (e.g. mScreen, Clear Decisions, Roy Morgan, Nielsen)
- Be a trusted advisor to clients at both Senior and Junior levels
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the client's category
- Respond to clients and media owners in a timely manner, consistently managing expectations
- Deliver all forecasts to the GDD/Head in a timely manner (assisting the GDD in the tracking and reporting of all client and agency contract commitments
- Assist GDD and Client Lead in delivery of all contractual and commercial requirements (e.g. bonus-malus and financial penalties)
- Understand and adhere to the GroupM compliance/SOX/audit process, with the process implemented 100% of the time across all clients
- Is a digital media planning and buying expert, able to utilise all tools and confidently train and develop others
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills applicable to media proposal assessment, evaluation and negotiation
- Sound knowledge and experience on how to react to various and adverse occurrences throughout the general operation of the team
- Demonstrates leadership qualities & has the high energy required to inspire and motivate the immediate and broader team
- Has established fluent senior relationships and utilises these to get the best outcomes for clients and the agency
- Ability to plan ahead in addition to ongoing day to day operations. Is able to lead, rather than manage.
- Able to inject MediaCom behavioral pillars into the day-to-day functioning of the team
- Can persuasively present and articulate to external stakeholders the functions and principles critical to the MediaCom Marketplace agenda
- Minimum 5 years' experience in digital planning & buying within media agencies
- Strong knowledge of digital media channels and tools
- Understanding of the relationship between channels
- Up to date knowledge of changes to the digital media industry, and POV of how it might affect clients & agencies
- Established relationships with local digital publishers, and a proven negotiator to unlock value for clients
- High levels of energy that helps cultivate a positive social and high-performing culture
- A desire to lead rather than manage, with the ability to switch between the two depending on the situation
- Experience in people management with an understanding of what drives retention and a success through others mentality
- Strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders - client, client team, SBUs
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to identify revenue driving opportunities for MediaCom
About GroupM Australia
- Digital leaders & experts to learn from
- Structured training programs to build your hard & soft skills
- Progression opportunities to grow your career
- A fun, supportive & collaborative team
- Regular social events to network with peers and media owners
- Corporate perks including discounts on Health Insurance, Gym memberships plus more...
GroupM Australia takes pride in being a group built on a set of core values that extend to every aspect of our operation. We are committed to providing an empowering workplace that offers opportunities to learn, succeed and grow. We do this through our dedicated in-house training team who tailor our programs for every level of employee in every discipline across the group. GroupM is the largest media investment management company in Australia. GroupM is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital and positively influences the environment in which we operate. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment or bullying. Race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions, we encourage all applicants.
Apply now and send your CV via the link!