Position at MediaCom
Director, Business Science & Analytics
About the Team
Business Science & Analytics is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on
(1) Providing data, modeling, and analytics services to our clients,
(2) Developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and
(3) Innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics.
We give clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The Business Science & Analytics team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science & Analytics is staffed with a team of data modeling and analytics professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: cross-channel measurement, digital analytics, and business consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively. We work seamlessly with planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decisioning. We enjoy the energy, variety, and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role
The Business Science & Analytics Director is a client-focused executive with a demonstrated history of working in marketing analytics and media. They enjoy translating business problems into researchable questions, providing clear and unified recommendations across all phases of marketing from strategy development to planning and investment.
We are looking for an individual that will oversee the analytics operation for an account/portfolio of accounts. They will be responsible for data, digital, campaign performance, advanced analytics, statistical modeling, and business planning. They should be comfortable creating and connecting intelligence from multiple sources and analyses to drive better media decisioning and business results.
Provide on-going analytical support utilizing marketing/media mix modeling, forecasting, and custom analytic approaches to address a wide variety of client issues including media and new products
• Oversee day-to-day operations of Media Research, Statistical Modeling, Analytics, and Campaign Analysis & Reporting
• Work with MediaCom client-account leadership to engage client(s) on all matters data related and become a trusted advisor to the client and account team
• Gain a deep understanding of the client's media, marketing & business challenges, and identify how MediaCom's intelligence services and products can help address
• Act as the expert for media strategy and placement with a focus on media test design & measurement, media mix, target audience profiling, consumer insights, competitive understanding integrating online and offline media
• Own all measurement strategy, results, and performance for account(s)
• Provide on-going analytical support utilizing marketing mix modeling and forecasting, to address a wide variety of client challenges related to media performance and business growth
• Present an in-depth and fresh understanding of media analysis across clients; determine analytical and modeling gaps
• Work in an integrated fashion with client analytics and marketing teams to make recommendations based on analyses and experience
• Work with MediaCom account leadership to promote the awareness, application, and value perception of our work by client personnel across all relevant organizational levels
• Present proposals for future work to a variety of client audiences including technical, creative, and c-suite teams
• Contribute to agency new business opportunities
• Author POVs and research papers on topical media issues
• Ensure a high level of client satisfaction
• Establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as with stakeholders and clients
• Lead, motivate, and inspire team
• Establishes an environment of trust and partnership within Business Science and Analytics
• Experience with advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate regression, predictive modeling, sales forecasting, advertising effectiveness and TV attribution, brand lift studies, marketing mix modeling and ROI measurement
• Ability to distil complex concepts and communicate them simply and clearly to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
• Comprehensive understanding of metrics: Media (e.g., impression, GRP, CPV etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, t-value, VIF etc.)
• Creative thinker with the ability to break down and connect disparate data sources into a straightforward, insightful stories (and the "why" behind results)
• Ability to quickly identify and understand client challenges, address with solutions
• Work with account & BSA leadership to align work-scope and learning agenda that meets & elevates the needs of the client and account team(s)
• Applies knowledge about the current and future practices and trends, technology, and information to the business
• Build trust, intellectual capital, and partnership within MediaCom and GroupM
• Proven track record of dealing directly with clients is required
• Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
• Be the safeguard that all media activity objectives are achievable, measurable
• Extensive background in interpreting direct response and brand studies/analytics
• Working knowledge of ad serving platforms for targeting and ROI solutions: behavioral and contextual targeting, re-targeting, response optimization, keyword, and natural search optimization, etc.
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Mining applications
• Ensure delivery of work scope across team in a timely, consistent, and quality manner
• Ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured, fast-moving environments
• Ability to roll up their sleeves and dive into the details of the data where required
• Intellectually and interpersonally adaptive; willing to learn, teach, lead, and follow
• The right candidate will be enthusiastic, a team player, ambitious and eager to make an impact.
• Relevant work experience demonstrated at a Director-level
• An excellent grasp of media metrics, industry data and methodologies
• Knowledge of consumer research & advanced campaign measurement techniques
• Bachelor's degree or higher in quantitative field. Masters preferred
• Proven experience of leading a team consisting of members with varied experience.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few. We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently. But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why we are open environments that celebrate difference. Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom! www.MediaComusa.comhttps://www.facebook.com/MediaComUsa/https://twitter.com/MediaComUShttps://www.linkedin.com/company/MediaCom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.