Hogarth Worldwide is the world's leading creative content production company. Born to make the best work brilliantly, we combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life for many of the world's most famous brands.
Founded 13 years ago, Hogarth has grown from a start-up to over 4,500 people, across 30 key cities and is now part of WPP. Obsessively striving for better is in our DNA, it is the reason for our existence and continues to drive us forward in all that we do, making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
The Director of Operations leads and manages large engagements and is responsible for overall satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of deliverables across a large portfolio of accounts. They manage a team of associate, mid- and senior-level project managers and partner with client services and other internal/external stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment. They are an example, and impart a streamlined, rigorous yet flexible process, ensuring rigor in proper project scoping, staffing and pricing. They have a passion for operations and efficiency, and are creative in their solutions. The ideal candidate must be a true operations professional, demonstrate an advanced understanding of agency operations, project management methodologies and tools and truly lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver excellence for our clients. They actively sell in new ideas to clients to enhance their business and to grow Hogarth's revenue.
The Director of Operations is accountable for their portfolio's profitability and resource utilization. They will work across discipline, as well as with our regional and global teams. The successful candidate will use their superior problem-solving skills, judgment, and excellent relationship building skills to be a leader and mentor for the team and the agency overall.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Strategy and Financials
- Manages a portfolio of clients generating $10-12MM in revenue and partners with the Client Managing Director to deliver revenue and profitability - profit margin targets (60%)
- Leverages strong commercial abilities and financial acumen
- Leads and drives the project management team to flawlessly deliver work that meets client's business, operations, and strategic goals; assigning clear responsibility for tasks, decisions and clear objectives.
- Owns/collaborates on contract negotiations in partnership with finance and the COO
- Reviews and approves final SOWs and Change Orders
Process and Operations
- Demonstrates strong cross-capability and cross-functional collaborations skills with internal agency team and key external partners, including your account's commercial partner, regional offices, key 3rd parties and all key internal disciplines
- Motivates and drives the integrated team towards forward progress, action and results
- Develops and maintains high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement).
- Effectively and impartially navigates teams with conflicting priorities
- Builds strong, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and clients across the business
- Continually assesses and simplifies complex processes to make them more efficient
- Tactically deploys and maintains HWW's production platform strategy by leveraging regional offices and our global operational standardization practices
- Ensures creative excellence and quality
- Ensures the right resource allocation and management on any given client program/project
- Operates under a standardized set of tools for process improvement and project management
- Produces and circulates periodic KPI and project reports as required
- Collaborates seamlessly across the Operations Excellence team to deploy both local and global initiatives in a controlled and efficient manner
- Provides a local focal point for the controlled and efficient planning and transition (setup phase) of work to HWW's production hubs, as well as provide ongoing support / course correction as an independent intermediary between local client servicing and global production
- Supports the global practice councils to deliver their agenda, including refining and deploying best practice processes, tech functionality and adoption across their defined production area
- Provides a governance and support counter-balance to local production operations to ensure all stakeholders have the data, tools, direction and access to expertise to continually optimize their operations
- Directly intervenes and manages the recovery plan whenever business critical risks are identified
- Coaches, trains, evolves and inspires the growth and development of the project management staff via consistent feedback, training and growth opportunities
- Reviews team structure and resources on an ongoing basis to ensure high quality delivery, quality and service for our clients, while appropriately maintaining agreed profitability
- Understands Hogarth's capabilities, offerings and tools and activating them on client business challenges as needed
- Identifies opportunities for Hogarth to create award-winning work within its accounts/projects
- Leverages Hogarth's global network to deliver great work
- 10-15 years of related experience within an international studio production environment, with at least 3 years working in a creative agency environment
- An appreciation for how great work gets done and a commitment to ensuring flawless creative execution
- Strong cross-capability and -function collaboration and communication skills.
- Commercially focused with a passion for delivering and exceeding results
- Focus on continuous improvement of project management methodology
- Inspiring leadership, ability to rally teams and experience in driving change and governance through cross-functional teams with internal and external constituencies
- Demonstrated experience of successfully working within a virtual team environment
- The ability to thrive in an ever changing and dynamic work environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and relationships cross functionally
- Experience with complex decision and planning processes
- Ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups
- Demonstrated experience working with Senior and Executive management at the agency and with clients
Diversity and Inclusion
Hogarth is committed to diversity and inclusion, through our ideas, our people, how we behave and conduct ourselves. Creating a truly inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation that encourages different points of view, making Hogarth not only a better company and place to work but an environment where everyone experiences connection, opportunity and a sense of belonging. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the job advert or form in another format.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
When you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of this page, this will send all the information you have added to Hogarth WW. Before you do this, we think it's a good idea to read through our Privacy st atement . This explains what we do with your personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can update the information you have provided us with or how to remove it.