Position at GroupM
cLIENT iNVESTMENT mANAGER
NEW YORK, NY
The Client Investment Manager oversees the spend and negotiations across their assigned clients . S/he is responsible for negotiating, managing and executing media buys associated with one or more assigned accounts. S/he will provide strategic market insights, trends and pricing benchmarks, oversight and management of spending across major vendors , identify new innovations and opportunities, while monitoring client budgets and adherence to KPIs. S/he also provides leadership and development tools for all junior investment team members.
- Take lead role in analyzing current and future marketplace conditions and pricing.
- Oversee creation and presentation of buying strategies, competitive spending analyses.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of marketplace trends, news, and innovations.
- Centrally manage all investment aspects of a campaign - negotiations, rate tracking, planning costs, benchmarking, allocations/tactical plans, budget management, buy set up, delivery, billing, etc. of assigned account(s)
- Collaborates with peer-set across SEM, Social and Programmatic teams to ensure consistency while informing holistic investment strategies
- Ensure b est practices are applied to all digital channels for brand safety/suitability, optimization and adherence to KPIs and inventory quality.
- Oversee vendor RFP process - partner selection, RFP submissions, etc.
- Negotiate digital programs and rates for clients
- Demonstrate better pricing, efficiencies, and impact by consolidating buys across sites, Agency and GroupM
- Coordinate and consolidate media spending acros s clients for sites/publishers by placement (display, video, social, search and programmatic)
- Own portfolio/client roll ups
- Approve all partners on tactical buys
- Approve all campaign set up in buying systems
- Meet with partners on an ongoing basis and provide updates and/or recommendations
- Keep current on marketplace innovations, ad models, and technologies and bring first looks to client(s)
- Investigate, interpret, understand, and provide marketplace condition updates
- Establish investment best practices (intelligence/arbitrage), spend trends, benchmarking, and set market
- Enforce key investment tenets around KPIs
- Ensure all media activity adheres to client and GroupM best practices in the areas of accountability and brand safety
- Forecast and provide Ad serving, Ad Verification, Viewability and Rich Media estimates
- Be proactive in following up on client team requests with a key awareness of client deadlines
- Ensure compliance and maintenance of all buy platform management , databases, etc. activities
- Handle issue resolution, recommend process improvements, and oversee client budget
- Create POVs
- Actively participate in department projects/ committees
- Work with junior team members to manage upfront and scatter budgets.
- Negotiate multi-platform deals when appropriate.
- Take an active role in or supervise the negotiation with vendors for price, programming mix, added value and promotions.
- Ensure that all buy schedules are ordered properly.
- Establish day to day workload, timelines and procedures for junior buying staff.
- Manage workload of all junior staff, ensuring stewardship of all buys, content screenings, brand allocations, commercial positioning, etc.
- Ensure that all account maintenance functions are performed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Oversee post-buy examination to ensure buy integrity, meeting of goals, rotation requirements.
- Responsible for hiring and development of junior team members.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of media research and tools.
- Represent agency with the highest possible level of professionalism to both your account and vendors.
- Ensure highest level of innovation delivered for all campaigns.
- Play key role in training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Teach and play a role in developing media school curriculum.
- Keep current with industry news by reading trades, agency publications.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media, technology, analytics and GroupM teams as well as media and technology publishers
- Foster camaraderie within the Investment team and with all key stakeholders they support
- Educate media teams on the media planning/investment process
- Provide guidance to team members and nurture/promote team environment
- Train employees on tools and best practices
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Be capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Thorough understanding of the media landscape and fast-moving trends
- Strong quantitative and analytical/results-oriented skills
- Solid negotiation skills and tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management and follow-through skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel with intermediate PowerPoint and Word skills
- Mastery of buying systems within MediaOcean
- Strong understanding of interactive research tools such as Nielsen Net-Ratings, AdRelevance, @Plan and ComScore Media Metrix
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years of prior investment experience desired
GroupM is the world's leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM's portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/368027
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together .