VMLY&R COMMERCE is WPP's newest end-to-end Creative Commerce Company. Built on the commerce expertise of Geometry and scaled through VMLY&R's connected brand promise, we help modern brands grow by unifying marketing strategies around commerce.
We are looking for the best shopper/commerce talent to work on one of the largest beverage brands in the world within the most innovative, creative, and awarded agency in the industry. Specifically, we are looking for talent that is passionate about commerce, looking to help drive the transformation within it, and has relevant experience working with consumer brands and retail customers.
We believe the space of commerce holds the most untapped creative potential to grow brands and people. Living Commerce TM is our proprietary approach and platform that guides how we work. By understanding how, when and why people buy, we deliver the most engaging and culturally-relevant creative commerce experiences across Retail, Experience, Design and Innovation. We do this as part of a network of 13,000 specialists across 80 countries, everywhere life intersects with commerce - this is end-to-end.
- Build rapport and credibility with day-to-day and senior level clients based on trust and expert strategic counsel
- Serve as an expert in the client's business and category, staying abreast of competitors, product development and market trends, and sharing information with internal team members
- Stay alert for opportunities to grow client business; research client's category and competitive landscape; define key strategic issues and opportunities for the brand/category and impact on client's objectives; author POVs and strategies to address issues/opportunities and present to client
- Develop and execute marketing solutions to address client's challenges
- Provide well-grounded marketing recommendations and ideas to clients based on their objectives and business needs
- Own development of proposals/presentations with input from account lead
- Collaborate with the client, account director, strategy and creative to develop creative briefs
- Manage the creative development process from concept phase through to production
- Evaluate copy, layouts, artwork, media plans and productions materials and make suggested revisions in keeping with agreed upon strategy and business objectives
- Quickly and effectively resolve client problems/concerns to ensure client satisfaction
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing program, make recommendations to optimize future iterations of the program and determine next steps
- Lead internal and client meetings, presentations and calls; prepare relevant documents, including agendas, presentation decks and follow up communications, etc.
- Manage project scopes and budgets; alert client of financial and timing implications of their request(s); secure client approval to proceed; and revise budgets as needed
- Regularly meet with the finance, resource management and operations departments to outline current and projected workload of team and plan staffing needs
- Keep agency team informed of client requests and changes; anticipate potential problems and potential implications; proactively develop and execute solutions; allocate necessary resources
- Lead development of direct reports through mentorship, coaching and ongoing performance feedback and identification of learning opportunities
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R COMMERCE offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 to 8 years of advertising or marketing experience; agency experience required
- Shopper marketing/retail experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of client category and business objectives, and a clear understanding of the key strategic issues that impact the client's business
- Able to build relationships and collaborate effectively with clients, agency partners, other departments and teams to successfully deliver quality work
- Able to communicate clearly, thoroughly, succinctly and in a timely manner both verbally and in writing; responds to comments, suggestions and criticisms in a thoughtful and constructive manner
- Strong presentation skills; successfully presents and sells new thinking, strategies and/or ideas to clients
- Strong attention to detail, organization and process orientation, demonstrated through actively and effectively managing timelines, budgets, and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive approach, demonstrated by successfully anticipating potential problems/obstacles, understanding implications and implementing solutions
- Analyzes results, interprets data, draws sound conclusions, and develops insightful and actionable recommendations
- Experience managing and/or mentoring individuals and providing actionable constructive feedback
VMLY&R COMMERCE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.