Hogarth Worldwide is the world's leading creative content production company. Born to make the best work brilliantly, we combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life for many of the world's most famous brands.
Founded 13 years ago, Hogarth has grown from a start-up to over 4,500 people, across 30 key cities and is now part of WPP. Obsessively striving for better is in our DNA, it is the reason for our existence and continues to drive us forward in all that we do, making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
Video Editors are a central part of the Moving Image team. They need to be quick on their feet,
creative and adaptable in the rapid & ever-changing landscape of our digital marketplace. They
combine their skill sets to produce a single combined result such as a clocked TV commercial for
broadcast, digital video, animations, cinemagraphs, animated GIFs and layout of stills for digital or
• Editing digital, corporate, mood and test films.
• Making precision editorial changes to TVCs.
• Creation of simple graphics for moving or still visuals.
• Animating motion graphics for videos and animated GIFs.
• Encoding and transfer for approval and final delivery.
• Uploading asset kits to Digital Asset Management platforms.
• Assisting other operators and producers in gathering resources for deliverables.
• Transcoding and assembling video assets for rough cuts.
• Possess a good understanding of current TV & digital standards and being proficient in identifying
• Quality check to deliver finished deliverables at the highest possible standard for relevant
• Combine both creative editing skills with broadcast know-how and motion graphics expertise,
possess an eye and ear for dynamic video editing, animation and 2D layout; and be able to realise
and deliver ideas in audio/visual form.
• Demonstrate attention to detail, be proactive when placed under constant deadline pressure, and
have an understanding of storytelling, advertiser messaging and branding.
• Proactive team players who can work with strategists, producers, project managers and creatives
to attain a high level of work plus smoother project processes within Hogarth. Also, being able to
work alongside other cross-departmental operators from print DI, digital, creative and broadcast to
deliver polished end-products to advertising agencies, planning / research agencies and direct
clients of Hogarth Worldwide.
• Being the aggregator from other disciplines, Content Editors are empowered to drive content
excellence, advising on best practises to optimise creativity, efficiencies and organisation. During
content factory crunches, Content Editors oversee from juniors and freelancers, ensuring
consistency & production excellence.
Have at least 4 years media industry experience.
• Candidates should have attained a good level in an industry-recognized diploma.
• A clear understanding of the meaning of customer care/service.
• A good working knowledge of post-production processes and services.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Good conceptualization skills.
• Positive "can-do" service attitude.
• Excellent time management skills & multi-tasking abilities.
• A good understanding of the broadcast QC process.
• Quality checks, ensuring highest stand of output for self and others.
• Have a good understanding of modern file formats and codecs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Well-presented and polite.
• Able to adapt to new working methods & practice technology advances.
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects & photoshop.
• Understands good animation practices and is comfortable with 2D & 2.5D animation.
• Holds some knowledge about standard AE plugins such as Optical Flare and Particular.
• Comfortable with Mac OSX, Photoshop, Illustrator & Media Encoder.
• A thorough understanding of video codecs and intermediary process (e.g. EDL, XML, standards
conversions etc.) and other post production workflows and services
• Be able to work independently as well as part a team.
• The ability to form good working relationships with operators and producers.
• Positive attitude towards problem solving and tight deadlines.
• Illustration skills are a plus.
• Hungry to learn new things.
Diversity and Inclusion
Hogarth is committed to diversity and inclusion, through our ideas, our people, how we behave and conduct ourselves. Creating a truly inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation that encourages different points of view, making Hogarth not only a better company and place to work but an environment where everyone experiences connection, opportunity and a sense of belonging. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the job advert or form in another format. Data
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment. When you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of this page, this will send all the information you have added to Hogarth WW. Before you do this, we think it's a good idea to read through our Privacy st atement . This explains what we do with your personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can update the information you have provided us with or how to remove it.