At VMLY&R, we create connected brands. We resist the usual ways of seeing, doing and thinking - harnessing creativity, technology and culture - to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. Our goal? To create work that becomes part of people's lives, to drive value for our clients and, in the best of cases, to impact the world.
VMLY&R is looking for a savvy, dynamic Group Director, Employee Experience to join our team. As an integral member of VMLY&R, your day-to-day activities will look something like this:
- Lead and oversee all daily HR operations for your assigned group(s)
- Partner closely with COO, Chief People Officer, North America, and agency leadership in growing a dynamic performance culture
- Help create and drive strategies and atmosphere that support VMLY&R's ability to deliver a "best places to work"
- Design, develop and implement ways of retaining and motivating employees
- Act as a strategic advisor to the leadership within your assigned group
- Lead the HR staff for your group, with an eye towards developing the best employee experience in the industry
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Skills & Experience
- Able to balance entrepreneurial and creative culture and a larger, established company
- Able to multitask and go with the flow-flexibility is key
- Organized, proactive, detail-oriented and follow-up strengths are
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities under varied circumstances
- Great can-do attitude combined with a strong work
- Proven track record within multiple HR disciplines: Employee relations, training and development, performance management, benefits and
- High comfort level with Microsoft
- Experience with SAP, Workday, and other HR platforms a plus
- Ten to 15 years of progressively responsible HR experience, with at least five at the senior manager/director Strong generalist background, including benefits knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business, HR or a related field, or the equivalent combination of experience and education is preferred. HR certification and/or master's degree in HR or a related field is a plus
- Experience working in an advertising agency, new media, high-tech or professional services field is preferred; experience and high comfort level with a fast-paced, high-volume work environment is preferred
- Ability to translate best practices from previous environments is preferred
- Strong preference for past experience with a best-in-class employer with strong, innovative HR practices and vibrant culture
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.