Supplier Onboarding is the process of gathering all the necessary documentation to register and maintain a company as WPP supplier. Sustainable onboarding is the pre-requisite for an effective supplier base management. It is key enabler to conduct business effectively & control the risk throughout the purchasing cycle.
In this role the candidate will need to participate as individual contributor to the Portal team with direct responsibilities for supplier assessment and evaluation. This includes decision making based on procurement guidelines.
Additionally, the role will eventually supervise 2- 3 direct reports that will transition over time from the Manager - Accounts Payable
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and evaluation of Supplier Registrations via WPP's 3rd Party Supplier Portal, wpp.apexanalytix.com
- Lead the supplier onboarding function (verification of all documents for completeness, communicating with requesting operating units regarding requirements/additional information, etc.).
- Ensure accuracy of the supplier database, which includes compliance with IRS tax regulations, electronic payments, MWBE status, payment terms, and contact information.
- Ensure existing Sox and Internal Control policy is followed throughout the Supplier onboarding process
- Act as the point person for stakeholder questions
- Escalate all roadblocks quickly and to the appropriate internal party based on the issue
- Continuously seek areas for process improvements.
- Document and maintain current forms, processes, and procedures to ensure consistent messaging across all Operating companies
- Ongoing training & cross training of Portal team and designated 'back-up' personal
- Supervisory Administrative responsibilities
- Perform background check- due diligence
- Run financial reporting (D&B)
- Collaborate with Portal Team Director on enhancement and process improvements
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Possess good time management, attention to detail and task prioritization skills
- Experience with domestic and international banking requirements
- Ability and willingness to learn and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and organized when tracking correspondence
- Diligent and effective in all internal and external follow up and communication
- Possess a positive attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer-oriented approach
- Possess and apply strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Possess Intermediate or better computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft tools including Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to undertake any non-routine requests
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of job duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The employee should be able to meet all the necessary physical demands required of working in an office environment, as well as be flexible to participate and learn assigned tasks to meet Client objectives.