WE ARE HOGARTH AUSTRALIA
We are a global leader in creative production services, giving our clients the edge by making the best work, brilliantly. We operate in two connected yet distinct markets: traditional production and adaptation, and creative content production driven by data and insight. We combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life.
With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, Hogarth Worldwide is home to 4,500 employees; we operate in 111 languages across 157 markets. We are part of the WPP network.
* Big ideas demand smart delivery (intelligent)
* In a constant push for better (relentless)
* Creative can always work harder (outcome driven)
* The next new thing is only a moment away (innovative)
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
As a Retoucher within Hogarth Melbourne's Bertie St studios, you will be responsible for digitally enhancing imagery by correcting the resolution, composition, cropping, colour, saturation and brightness.
You will add value to briefs, develop your technical skills and look for smarter ways to work to achieve impressive visual outcomes across our client's marketing materials.
Primarily, you will be working across talent, fashion and product imagery. With established skills in Capture One and Adobe CC Suite applications - specifically Photoshop, and Illustrator, you'll be able to develop your skills in image manipulation to create a piece of art.
With an eagle eye for detail, you notice at first glance what is right or wrong with an image. You'll develop and eye for quality control, and don't miss a beat when it comes to delivering within client guidelines and style guides.
With an in-depth understanding of the photography production process, you be confident taking ownership across your projects, partnering with the Retouching team and broader Content Studio team on how to best achieve final imagery for our client's work.
The Retoucher reports to the Senior Retoucher, and partners with other members of the Retouching team on delivering high quality content on time and on budget.
* Work across a high volume of high-quality imagery through use of Photoshop, at an i ntermediate level across pathing, masking, colour correction and file output
* Develop a precise eye for detail to accurately Quality Control
* Assist with the handling of offshore suppliers; including file preparation, delivery, quality control, final output to client, and uploading to our content management systems.
* Effectively manage scheduled deadlines
* Contribution to the administration of, setting up and updating style guides
* Coordinate distribution of images to offshore suppliers, including the Hogarth team based in Chennai
* Punctual attendance in all daily & weekly WIPs
WHAT IT TAKES
* Likely to bring up to 5 years of experience as a Graphic Artist, Retoucher or similar, working within a creative agency, studio or in-house design environment.
* High Proficiency in Photoshop and Capture One.
* Pathing, masking, image retouching, colour correction and file output.
* Thorough level knowledge of image compositing.
* Ability to colour match product samples to photographs taken in studio and location
* Emerging knowledge of Illustrator.
* Precise eye for detail and ability to work within project timelines and deliver to deadlines.
* Ability to communicate with internal stakeholders.
Together, our people give us the edge. Together, they make us brilliant.
Our shared behaviours:
Honesty: We communicate openly and honestly
Happy family: We are a diverse and inclusive community
Heart and soul: We are committed to bringing our whole self to work
Hunger: We strive for brilliance every time
Hands-on: We dig and support one another
We are dedicated at creating a truly inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation that encourages different points of view, making Hogarth not only a better company and place to work, but an environment where everyone experiences connection, opportunity and a sense of belonging.
Your growth, development and success are important to us. That's why we have a structured career framework and development program in place, including a clear career plan and access to local and global online learning platforms to support your personal and professional growth.
Balance is important too. Our flexible working arrangements, combining working from home and the office, allow you to balance your professional and personal commitments. Other benefits include Summer Half Days, Birthday Leave, Long Service Leave, perkSpace (our internal perks and benefits hub full of resources to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing, including discounts at hundreds of retailers and service-providers), modern studio/office space with unlimited snacks and drinks, and wellness benefits (including Employee Assistance Program and flu shots, to name a few).
**Please note: visa sponsorship is not offered for this role. Applicants will have to be based in Australia with full working rights to be considered**