Position at Wavemaker
At Wavemaker, we believe there always is a better way to grow. By Positively Provoking Growth for our clients, our people and our partners, we shape decisions and experiences through media, content and technology.
We are part of GroupM and WPP; the largest media buying alliance and marketing communications group ranked #1 in the world. In Australia and New Zealand, we have over 250 people working across six offices: Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Auckland.
Across 2022 and into 2023 we have won at the MFA Awards, AIMCO Awards, B&T 30 under 30, Festival of Media Global, Campaign Women to Watch, Mumbrella Travel Marketing Awards, MediaWeek, Festival of Media Cause, UnLtd Hall of Good, Campaign Asia, DRUM Awards.
We pride ourselves on our culture and our people. Our goal is to make our workplaces as vibrant and diverse as the cities we work in.We are achieving this by building a workforce that represents the complete spectrum of backgrounds and experiences. We're committed to cultivating a work environment which is diverse in representation and thought, that promotes and celebrates inclusivity and provides equitable opportunities to all.
About the role
The Digital Director leads the local Wavemaker digital product. In this role you are responsible to drive digital excellence, maturity and transformation for our clients and across our digital product offering. You will be an active part of the senior leadership team, supporting the client and strategy teams with digital thought leadership straddling digital media, data and tech in a fast-changing, dynamic landscape.
As the agency's local digital product lead you'll be responsible for:
• Finding Positive Provocations and providing strategic direction and thought leadership for digital brief responses - delivering the most effective and innovative solutions across data, tech and digital media
• Leading the development and delivery of digital strategy in pitches
• Leading the development and implementation of digital maturity/ digital transformation roadmaps for our clients, including broader data and martech audits and consultancy collaborating closely with the internal digital team and GroupM's data, tech and analytics specialist businesses.
• Identifying and unlocking growth opportunities across existing clients and new business opportunities
• Leading the strategic vision for digital maturity, roadmaps and audits across the business
• Forging relationships with senior level clients, media partners, technology and digital partners to drive excellence and future proofing of our and our client's business
• The internal and external reputation of Wavemaker's digital product
Working at Wavemaker
Wavemaker is our name, our mission and our method. We believe there is always a better way to grow. Our attitude, Positive Provocation, is defined by the idea that what got you here, won't get you there . Today that seems more appropriate than ever. We don't provoke for the sake of it, we provoke to create innovative and better outcomes for our clients. This attitude is behind our growth, helping us attract and retain some of the most iconic brands across ANZ.
Being a provocateur means
Being experts in the known, but curious about the unknown
Inspired to do anything, but deliberate in our choices
Delivering on-time in-full, but knowing it's always in beta
Making media, not just buying it
Bringing 100% of ourselves, 100% of the time
• Belonging at Wavemaker
• Greenmakers Sustainability
• Mental Health Wavemaker Allies
• Flexible work environment
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• Discounts and corporate benefits
• Continuous training and development opportunities
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. Here, we strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can positively impact our team with your experience!
We believe that diversity is vital and positively influences the environment in which we operate. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment or bullying. Race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions, we encourage all applicants.
Apply now and send your CV via the link!