Position at Wavemaker
Wavemaker | Office Manager
At Wavemaker, we believe there always is a better way to grow. By Positively Provoking Growth for our clients, our people and our partners, we shape decisions and experiences through media, content and technology.
We are part of GroupM and WPP; the largest media buying alliance and marketing communications group ranked #1 in the world. In Australia and New Zealand, we have over 250 people working across six offices: Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Auckland.
Across 2022 and into 2023 we have won at the MFA Awards, AIMCO Awards, B&T 30 under 30, Festival of Media Global, Campaign Women to Watch, Mumbrella Travel Marketing Awards, MediaWeek, Festival of Media Cause, UnLtd Hall of Good, Campaign Asia, DRUM Awards.
We pride ourselves on our culture and our people. Our goal is to make our workplaces as vibrant and diverse as the cities we work in.We are achieving this by building a workforce that represents the complete spectrum of backgrounds and experiences. We're committed to cultivating a work environment which is diverse in representation and thought, that promotes and celebrates inclusivity and provides equitable opportunities to all.
About the role The role of the Executive Assistant/Office Manager is to primarily support the MD and the Brisbane Senior Leadership team. The role supports the office through general office administrative duties including but not limited to managing reception and visitor and client welcoming responsibilities, travel management and contributing to the maintenance of a safe and pleasant working environment for staff. Become the trusted and reliable support of the MD and SLT. Establish strong relationships across organisation, media partners and clients ensuring they feel welcomed at WM. Contribute to a great team with supportive and positive can-do attitude. Build relationships with GroupM and Facilities Management to ensure effective management of the office locally and with national team of OM/EA's.
Due to the nature of the role the role is predominately office based. Located in South Bank, Brisbane.
Key Stakeholder management: Become a trusted and reliable support to the MD and SLT in Brisbane. Establish strong relationship becoming the go to person for support for internal and external media partners and clients..
• The role will be focused on our people and our business to ensure the most streamlined experience - we aim to be the most wanted agency for our clients and our people to want to work with.
• Role will be managing the onboarding process of all new employees. we are growing at full steam and are rolling out a new onboarding process, training and development frameworks and plans for every employee and this would be the responsibility of this role.
• General office admin duties - maintain smooth and seamless flow of the office at all times including all requirements like stationary, snack alley, alcohol and food for meetings
• Event Management - Key liaison and project coordinating the planning and execution of all events and functions such as client events, media owner events and internal events for staff example - Christmas party, team events.
• Providing adhoc support to the broader SLT
• WH&S officer - ensuring a safe working environment for all
• Become Brisbane WM first aid officer
• Openly communicate and collaborate with all internal Key Stakeholders and reports regularly
• Organizing and leading all our people initiatives, anniversaries, birthdays, celebrations, babies for staff, clients and media partners
• Management of expenses for MD and Brisbane SLT
• Project management of our training and development plans and ensuring training of all our staff across all platforms, tools and systems. We have a lot of training but need someone to take ownership and co-ordinate it all to ensure the right people get the right training at the right time.
• Work in conjunction with external EA's and office managers to plan and facilitate external meetings and events
• Diary management of MD and SLT on request. Proactively monitoring schedule to identify conflicts and request input or resolve before time or priority conflicts occur, efficient calendar and scheduling co-ordination, ensuring the most effective use of time.
• Management and co-ordination of monthly staff townhalls
• Seek to find, communication and implement improvements in all aspects of the role. Finding efficiencies to deliver the role with highest degree of professionalism, curiosity and attention to detail at all times
• Financial administration - Reconciling all statements in timely and accurate manner at all times ensuring vendor invoices are submitted to accounts for processing, new vendor set up submissions
Working at Wavemaker
Wavemaker is our name, our mission and our method. We believe there is always a better way to grow. Our attitude, Positive Provocation, is defined by the idea that what got you here, won't get you there . Today that seems more appropriate than ever. We don't provoke for the sake of it, we provoke to create innovative and better outcomes for our clients. This attitude is behind our growth, helping us attract and retain some of the most iconic brands across ANZ.
Being a provocateur means
Being experts in the known, but curious about the unknown
Inspired to do anything, but deliberate in our choices
Delivering on-time in-full, but knowing it's always in beta
Making media, not just buying it
Bringing 100% of ourselves, 100% of the time
• Belonging at Wavemaker
Mental Health Wavemaker Allies
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. Here, we strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to know how you can positively impact our team with your experience!
We believe that diversity is vital and positively influences the environment in which we operate. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that is free of discrimination, harassment or bullying. Race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions, we encourage all applicants.
Apply now and send your CV via the link!