Position at Mindshare
You will be tasked with leading one of the largest client teams in Philippines on a mandate that covers designing solutions for our client across awareness, engagement and performance media. You will be leading a team of 45 people across 4 business units.
You'll be responsible end-to-end for our product delivery including everything from strategy to media planning to implementation to buying quality to delivering brilliant best-in-class service for the client. Our expectation is for you to also stretch beyond the media function to champion performance marketing for our client, bringing the best of GroupM and WPP products and services to the client.
You do this built on two key pillars - your deep understanding of the client's business including but not limited to all aspects of marketing; and your passionate belief in and deep knowledge of the services offered by Mindshare. To be successful in this role you need to be able to demonstrate both.
BEST THINGS ABOUT THE ROLE
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Join the biggest and most awarded media agency group in Philippines - under the largest market communications network worldwide, servicing the most iconic brands globally.
- Build credibility and relationships among stakeholders within and outside the agency, acting as a strategic lighthouse on business and media conversations
- Drive innovative solutions with clients are top-notch: insight-led, grounded on data, and consistently aligned with business and media objectives
- Fast track your career by pioneering the strategic thinking of a new agency model (encompassing Brand to Demand) for the largest client in the Philippines
- The remit encompasses literally every aspect of the consumer journey, providing a complete opportunity to design and deliver brilliance across quite literally every touchpoint that exists in Philippines. This, with a client that is fully leaned into driving the industry forward on a foundation of strong media fundamentals.
In three months:
- Mapped out the critical relationships with the client across all functions and levels and internally.
- We have a zero-error commitment to our client - you would have internalized the current process and come up with process recommendations for brilliant basics and zero error delivery including articulating ways of working with team and each business unit. This is the basic must-do and achieving zero errors must be your focus in the first 3 months.
- Deeply understood the critical challenges of your business categories and mapped out critical client deliverables. In short, quickly understood what the basics are where you should not drop the ball and developed the understanding to plan for the delivery of long-term strategic delight on your category.
- Get to know quickly your team members and establish a regular cadence of communications and team ways of working as well as mentorship and guidance.
- Demonstrated that you are a hands-on team leader who is building an understanding across media channels of what is needed on the business
In six months:
- The day to day on the account is running at ZERO errors. The basics are not what is under discussion with the client with plans and campaigns going out like clockwork.
- You are seen as someone who has a passionate and deep understanding about FMCG categories that our client operate in.
- You have achieved a rhythm with your team wherein you and the team are consistently producing insightful documents around brand recommendations and you are seen as someone who is keen to drive strategic change on the business.
- You have a strong working relationship with your colleagues across functions and you are increasingly sought out by the regional and global teams across GroupM and WPP as a source of sound advice.
- You will articulate a strategic roadmap for our client identifying clearly what are the new things you will bring to the client to deliver delight.
In twelve months:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- The base KPIs around planning and buying for your category have been delivered.
- The client assessment of your team's delivery on the business is seen as rock solid.
- You are seen by the the client's Leadership as someone who is a key player of their extended marketing organization.
- You are doing things that are gaining you and your team recognition inside GroupM but also in awards and industry forums.
- You have a plan for growth on your client. You have worked out how you are going to build on your success and help grow the client relationship within the agency.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES YOU NEED TO DEMONSTRATE
- Build and nurture senior client relationships where you act as a trusted advisor on steering the client's marketing investment to effectively deliver their business goals. The foundation of this will be your unmatched understanding of the key issues on the client's business.
- Ensure that each business unit is delivering world class service to our clients and contractual targets and commitments are being met to the client's satisfaction across all departments and teams working on the business.
- Set forth a vision for your team on what needs to be delivered on the business and empower and inspire them to make it a reality.
- Develop a deep understanding of what we can offer and the full extent of our capabilities, tools and frameworks across the communication development process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with global, regional, and national managers and specialist teams within WPP to identify opportunities for business growth and then sell-in and deliver solutions that leverage consolidated WPP strengths and result in ideas that move our client's business forward.
- Consistently grow the talent pool within the agency by identifying the star performers on your team and mentoring them as well as helping those under-performing overcome the barriers that stand in their way to effective performance.
We are looking for people from a marketing and media background who have worked in the Philippines at senior levels and are able to hold their own when it comes to leading the conversation with senior clients. This role is heavy in both strategy and execution - this is a defining characteristic of our agency where our leaders do and think in equal measure.
- You must be a team leader with an ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders at the client's end and internally
- You must have an in-depth understanding of traditional and new communication channels and how they interrelate. As well as an understanding of the brand and demand tensions on your client's business
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with evolved present-to-persuade and facilitation skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a depth of understanding of the industry, the client's business and brands as well as changes to consumer and media in senior level client conversations.
- Understand the business principles and key issues for our industry and how to manage not just commercial and financial deliveries but also display softer skills on talent management and retention and product skills that help you drive and deliver quality work
- Collaboration and accountability are critical for this role
- Work experience of 10+ years that includes having handled a multi-level team.
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia's Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world's best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP's Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019 ).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare ; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare .
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating "an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability", spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years.
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines' internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines' vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity - it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.